...or should I say 2nd day same as the 1st? I totally missed posting my 2010 Resolutions on the 1st of the year. Yesterday was a fabulous day surrounded by my family. Time with them has become quite precious. We are going through some major medical issues with my father and I can't help but be grateful for the time I have to spend together with my whole family. Please pray for him as he goes in for surgery on Tuesday. It will be the first in a series of 6.
OK! So, here we are!! New Year's Resolution time. I am always excited for the New Year and the opportunity to commit or re-commit myself to new/old goals. Some are silly, some are personal and some have eternal perspective.
-lose 20-25 pounds
Accountability is KEY for me! The first Friday of every month I will report how much weight I have lost during the previous month...Lord have mercy!
-keep a daily food journal
-exercise at least 5 days a week (2 of those days must be at the gym)
-remember to bring my reusable bags into the store & not leave them in the car!
-limit my Target trips to no more than once a week
-cook dinner 4 nights a week
Why the #4? Between leftovers and ordering in/eating out once a week I think 4 is a realistic number
-go Visiting Teaching EVERY MONTH!
-start back up with family Scripture reading/prayer (7:20 before girls go to school)
-"have patience, have patience, don't be in such a hurry!"
I learned that song almost 30 years ago and I'm still struggling with the concept!
-What about my giving up soda idea?!?!
No, I have decided not to give up my Diet Coke. I don't smoke, drink alcohol or coffee or tea. I don't do drugs. I am going to be much more strict with my food intake. Diet Coke is all i have left! I have to have SOMETHING!
Happy New Year!!





11 tweets and twitters:
love the great resolution list!!! gives me some ideas as well!
so sorry to hear of your father. hope all goes well and he will be in our prayers,
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well. I don't blame you on the diet coke, that's a hard one.
definitely praying for your dad...
I am LOL at the reusable bags because I was saying the SAME thing to myself tonite in the line at Walmart looking at the reusable bags at the checkout... saying it was something I needed to do in the new year, become committed to using the million bags I do have!
GOOD LUCK with your resolutions
I think you are smart in keeping the Diet Coke - go ahead and be mischievous, it's fun! One teeny vice won't kill you, right? (I have mine so I can say that to further justify of course!) Sounds like a great list. So glad to finally see someone else making a few worthy goals. If you are even a tad successful, that's fantastic! Happy 2010!
Sounds like a great list. Sorry to hear about your father - I'll pray for him & your family.
Great list!
I'll be praying for your dad. I hope all goes well with the surgeries.
Happy New Year!
Very relieved for you that you are keeping the DC. Honey, we give up everything else. We deserve it!
So sorry about your dad!!!!! Hope everything goes ok... I'll be thinking about you!! (and your mom... and rest of the family...)
Good luck on all the resolutions!!! :)
Great resolutions....good for you...you need something to enjoy!
sandy toe
giving up the dc would help a lot with your first goal.
just sayin'
good luck with the list!
I'm with you on all plus one to start blogging again.
Post a Comment