Here it is...I have had several people ask about my cleaning schedule. Instead of e-mailing everyone separately I decided to post it here for all to see. Just remember, it's not nice to judge other people. Please be kind when commenting on this post!
I am not including items like cooking, cleaning up the kitchen, emptying dishwasher, etc. To me, those things go without saying.
My Cleaning Schedule:
CHORES I DO EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK:
Vacuum entire first floor
Vacuum off living room furniture
Clean main bathroom
Clean Buckwheat's cage
Sweep out garage
MONDAY:
Clean half bath on first floor
Wash kitchen floor*
Laundry~including my bed sheets
Clean leather furniture in living room
Windex all mirrors and picture frames in entire house
TUESDAY:
Dust dining and living rooms
Iron
WEDNESDAY (This is my cleaning day from hell!):
Clean half bath
Vacuum bedrooms
Dust bedrooms
Laundry~including JK's bed sheets
THURSDAY:
Dust over dining and living rooms
Wash dining room floor
Dust family room and my work room
FRIDAY:
Dust over bedrooms
Clean half bath
Laundry~including the girl's bed sheets
Wash kitchen floor
Vacuum family room, DK's office & my work room
SATURDAY:
Try to enjoy the weekend and not stress over the house getting dirty
One load of laundry
Clean my "spa" bathroom
SUNDAY:
Use Swiffer pad to dust over living, dining and bed rooms
REMEMBER:
One of the most important keys in keeping a clean home is to stay on top of all the clutter. Before you go to bed at night take a look around and make sure things are picked up and put away. Waking up to a de-cluttered home will make your morning a trillion times better!
*All floors are washed on my HANDS and KNEES wearing protective knee pads




15 tweets and twitters:
Oh. My. Goodness. I'm horrified I even let you step one foot inside my home. Things like..."discover and attempt to remove scary goopy supstance which has seeped down behind the fridge, and utilize three different products to remove what has possibly been there for three weeks" don't appear to be on your list. However, those things are probably discovered three weeks sooner when you are on your hands and knees three times a week scrubbing the floor.
You go girl!
You are my hero! Seriously, I don't have the patience for this! But then I'd have to convince bf to let me quit my job and become my sugar daddy.... and that ain't happenin'!
Okay I knew you were a clean freak, but... what can I say :-) Glad to see you wash your bedding regularly. It shocks me the number of people who don't find this essential in life (I too do mine family sheets weekly, only it is all in one day). The only thing that really shocks me is that you actually clean on Sunday. So can you come give my house a good clean before my baby arrives so I can start from scratch? :-)
Wow. Now I know why your house looks amazing in your pictures. Do you dress like that to vacuum? Seriously, thanks for sharing your schedule.
Wow! That is a great schedule, you are impressive! I have a lady that comes to help me, which I love, but you really are amazing!
Ah the memories of my yesterday years! I have relaxed a lot in my older years, but the thoughts still remain.
I didn't see vacuum and dust the walls and the curtains on that list! When does that happen?
Now I know why your house looks so amazing and you could walk around and take pictures at the drop of a hat!
And, that probably explains why you look so good in your pictures...there is no time for you to be still!
What do you use or how do you clean your leather furniture? I vacuum mine, do you do something else?
In my current house I could never keep this schedule. I am lucky if I can mop the kitchen twice and the rest of the house once. I'm hoping to find a balance right now-I have to get my exercise in!! Plus my girls help me! I don't know how you do it!
What time are you getting up????
You always have been super woman! Very impressive!!
Ok, I'm back. Can't stop thinking about what a general failure I am in the household. What DO you use to clean your leather? Floors? Etc?
I'm still stuck on my own step #1- Sort little people from My little Pony accessories, and manage three trips to the time out chair with two-year-old over said tasks.
Step #2- Take a moment in the time out chair myself.
I haven't even MENTIONED the play doh, retro pink kitchen accessories, and Bitty Baby's wardrobe roundup.
Essentially you rock.
You really are amazing. You are my cleaning inspiration. When I have those days that I really don't want to do my chores, I think of you, and then get to work. ;)
Another question - see what you've started?! Wait, that wasn't it...what time of the day do you vacuum the main floor? See, there are constantly kids, a dog, a cat, and a husband walking in an out of my house, and therefore the floor is getting dirty at the same time it is getting cleaned. Now I know why moms would kick their kids outside for the day and wouldn't let them back in until supper!
You sweep the garage everyday? Wow, you are amazing!
Judge you? I want to hire you! Seriously! The chores you do every day, I can barely do weekly (even when I am feeling well).
And you have been diagnosed with fatigue?
AND you manage a nap most days???
What does JK do while you're cleaning? Because if I attempt to do ANYTHING, Mads is right there with me to "help", which essentially makes my efforts fairly useless.
Like Andie, I will be thinking about this for a long while.
You, my friend, are both impressive and inspirational!!!
WOW!!! You just might need to be on a cleaning show! With your great schedule, tips, and all!
I need ot get on a better schedule. Now being large with child, I have let quite a bit slide!!!
I may need ot hire help!
Yes, I too would like to know how you clean your leather furniture???
Hi Rae, I arrived here from the Farmer's Wife. I loved this post. I recently gave birth to children 8 and 9 and am in the process of trying to revamp how I clean my home and this was very inspiring. You are so right about the clutter! I just want to go and purge now!
Andie's comments are perfect! You are my cleaning hero. I could lie and say you've inspired me, but really, I'm exhausted just reading that and now I'm going to take a nap. But first I'll have to walk across my sticky, crumb covered floor; walk up my dust 1/2 painted stairway; step over the laundry piled in the hall; and fall into bed on my sheets that haven't been wash in 3-weeks {we were out of town}. Are you gagging yet?? :)
Post a Comment