12.31.2009

Snowy New Year's Eve

It's snowing here on the East Coast this New Year's Eve.
We are very low on groceries...should have gone shopping yesterday! We will make do with frozen pizza, Welch's Sparkling Grape Juice and leftover Christmas candy. Could be worse!

I'm engrossed in The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have heard such amazing things about this book from just about everyone. I didn't buy it but held out waiting my turn on the library's hold list. I picked it up yesterday and haven't put it down since! Perfect day to stay curled up reading...
And of course I am finalizing my New Year's Resolutions.
I will post them tomorrow.
Can't wait to share!

post signature

8 tweets and twitters:

baby doll dress said...

I love this book!
I'm currently reading it on my Kindle!
You gonna love!

duchess said...

Happy New Year to you & yours!
I'll have to check that book out myself. Enjoy being snowed in.

Traci said...

love your outdoor birdhouse/cage!
so what is the book about????

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I finished The Help last night. LOVED it. Of course, I'm from the South and my great-grandmother had a black maid, so a lot of it was easy to relate to. Let me know what you think when you finish!!!

Ellen said...

I am borrowing "The Help" from my mom....haven't started reading it yet, though. It was one of the books she read n her book club last year. I'm also borrowing "Same Kind of Different As Me," which she said she really enjoyed.
Cheers to a healthy and happy new year (with lots of good reads)!

Kristen said...

I read that book earlier this summer and LOVED it! Great read. Happy New Year!

Shawn said...

I've heard that it is great---need to get it!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hmmm...I'm always looking for a good book to read! I'll have to get it from our library.