3.04.2009

Taking a Spill

Ever have one of those days? To be honest, yesterday started out brilliantly! The morning was gorgeous and the afternoon splendid. Until....I picked Rand up from school. No, it wasn't the fact I was picking up my darling daughter that made my day turn sour. It was the fact that as we were leaving the school building I slipped and fell down on both knees. Let me set the stage:

I had Rand's HUGE percussion kit in my left hand and was carrying JK in my right arm. For the past two weeks I have been having pain in my left foot that decided to really act up yesterday. I was walking (hobbling) very gingerly and before I knew what was happening, down I went. Dropped the percussion kit but managed to keep JK safely in my arms. The fall hurt but what was worse was the fact that people SAW me fall! So embarrassing!! This wonderful grandma came running up to me to see if I was okay. That's all it took for the waterworks to start. So now I'm blubbering like a whale because I'm in pain and am embarrassed. Please, people...just leave me alone. Pretend you don't see anything. I'm a very private person when it comes to this type of thing. Walk away; my feelings will not be hurt.

To add insult to injury, my 4-day old jeans I was wearing received a big ol' tear in the left knee. When I saw the tear I started bellowing like a....well, I'm not sure what! Anyway, not a pretty sight!!

I went to the podiatrist last night and had x-rays taken of my foot this morning. We'll see what happens. In the meantime I'm just trying to hobble through life the best way I can!

post signature

14 tweets and twitters:

Natalie said...

Poor Thing!! I hate it when it doesn't hurt THAT bad... but, you still have to cry out of humiliation!!!... and then that's MORE embarrassing! Hope your foot feels better:)

duchess said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm known for falling so I'm very familiar with this type of thing.
Don't worry about everyone seeing you - I'm sure they've done the same thing too and as for the jeans...holes & rips are very "in" at the moment.
Feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Oh I hate those kind of days! Hugs girl!

Krissa said...

Bummer! And I hate when people approach me after something like that. I just want to be left alone...I dont even want people asking me how i am...
Hope they can figure out what is going on with your foot! bummer!

Unknown said...

Ouch. I hope you're OK. I've had a few slips myself but nothing in front of anyone. Great job on holding your son though. I have often thought when walking on ice if I fall and have something important in my hands if I would keep it safe and hurt myself instead!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are doing better and the xrays turn out okay. Hugs!

...for all eternity said...

That's horrible! I'm so sorry. That story reminds me of when I was at BYU-I and on the second floor of one of the buildings was a wall of windows. I walked by one day and there was a huge crowd of people laughing and going, "ohhhhh!" Some genius made it a front row stage to watch the people outside slip and fall on a patch of ice. I'm so glad I didn't fall!

April said...

Hi Rae~
I don't know how I've been missing your posts...it was not intentional, I assure you! I've been missing hearing from you, but I know you're very busy.

I am so sorry to hear about your fall! I'm a lot like you...when something like that happens, I prefer to be left ALONE! I'm a big girl, so let me wallow in my misery AND embarrassment! I really hope you haven't injured yourself too bad. How's that going to impact your running program? I'll say a prayer for you!

Take good care of yourself, my friend...I'll be thinking about you!

Merand said...

Oh no! So sorry you fell - I know how you feel about having an audience. Not to mention then to cry, cause I know you're not a big crier. I do hope everything is okay and you heal up quickly!

Unknown said...

Ouch!

Our Complete Family said...

Oh no Rae. I've been there, done that, at Bryce's soccer game last October...smack on my face and hubby had to take me to the urgicare for xrays b/c the soccer nurse thought I broke my ankle.
I hope your results are good and you feel better tomorrow.
Many get well hugs~ Les

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Ouch! I'm so very ungraceful (even though I had years of ballet)...I fall a lot. I'm always embarrased- I'm such a klutz! sigh.

I hope you get answers soon about your foot. I've had a bunion removed from one foot and I really need to have one removed from the other but I admit I'm a little nervous. Good luck!

nanamoo said...

That was very sad! I've done it before myself when I was a junior at BYU. I had to laugh about the "just pretend you didn't see anything and walk away" comment. That's how I feel too :)

I have fallen twice on the tennis court recently. Also embarrassing!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you fell, and sorry it had to be in front of other people. How are you feeling today?