9.09.2008

Shipping Out

Now that Rand is a big 4th grader she gets to play an instrument in school. I had visions of Rand playing the flute and she and I would play piano/flute duets and wow everyone who heard us. Not so much. How about the Percussion Kit? That's what my little girl chose! It includes an xylophone, snare drum, practice pad and sticks! Look at that bag! It's larger than a carry-on! I will be taking and picking her up from school on Tuesdays. No way can she finagle that thing on the bus! Happy playing, Rand!! Mommy is off to buy a big bottle of Motrin today! hee, hee!!

22 tweets and twitters:

Christy said...

Ah yes, my oldest played percussion. Now the instruments have gotten larger and louder. There may still be opportunities to share those talents - he played the xylophone at the end of one of the songs in the primary sacrament meeting program once!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Good grief, that bag is huge!!

~ Sarah

April said...

That bag is enormous! She should have lots of fun! Wish her well! Good luck with having to lug that thing around! Whew!

Carolina Mama said...

Mountain Man plays percussion! ;) I like it. Sounds good. The Tigers are taking piano. I think as long as the love of music is there! :)

Those Crocs are a riot. We live in them. It just works. Did you know they have closed in ones for Fall...? ;)

Unknown said...

Ha I understand completely Noah is playing the samething and pulling around take samething! Too funny!

Pedaling said...

way to go! that's the instrument i would pick too!

Lisa said...

Aww! Cute! I thought the trumpet was big! (Amanda played for a whole day!) We still just do piano around here.

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Do you think Mortin will be enough? :-)

duchess said...

It's not all about learning an instrument is it? It's a physical fitness routine as well.
Build those muscles.

Jenni said...

Well, it was a nice little dream while it lasted! But how wonderful that she wants to play an instrument. I bet she will love it!

Of the three of our children, only one plays an instrument so far...

Have a good day! :)

Crystal said...

Rand's in 4th Grade! How time flies! That's interesting that she would pick Percussion. Super fun! I started out playing the clarinet in elementary school and then due to a wrist injury in high school I started playing the French Horn--that was a big instrument to tote around too! I remember my mom driving me with my big instrument until I was able to drive to school myself! Hmmm, that makes me wonder, what instruments will Christopher and Anneli choose...

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Is Motrin gonna cut it?! ha! That bag is huge. I hope you post some videos of her playing her many musical instruments!

Erica said...

Don't forget the earplugs!!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Wow what a bag! I have one on drums...brace yourself....quiet is hard to find in our house;)

Shannon said...

Thats hilarious! That bag is almost bigger than her!

Merand said...

I love it! I know Evie is going to be a percussionist too. We'll be able to sympathize together.

RoverHaus said...

This is hilarious. Yes, I suppose as parents we have these visions. And somehow they and God have different plans.

And somewhere, some mom is blogging about her flute case toting son when she expected him to play the tuba!

Lisa said...

I think I'll have to fight the temptation to try to fit my children into the little molds I'd like them to fit in.

I hope I can be open enough to allow drums instead of the clarinet or some such "acceptable" instrument.

Jan T. said...

I love the title...shipping out! I couldn't wait to read further and find out what kind of fabulous trip she was embarking on with that luggage bag! No trip???!! An instrument! Wow! That is some Percussion kit! Enjoy!:)

...for all eternity said...

My mother had visions of her girls being these amazing musicians. Poor woman, she tryed. I chose percussion as well and it was a blast! I didn't have to bring my own instruments though.
In high school you then start marching band, try lugging those big things around. Lets just say over the 4 years of high school each one of us in the drum line took our turn triping or running into something. You're then like a turtle stuck on their back!
I was hoping that my kids would choose the drums too but SLC has said she wants to do the clarinet. Lots easier to march with!

Pedaling said...

hey, friend! you won! oh, yes you did. check out my blog for the scoop and e-mail to me your address!

Our Complete Family said...

Holy molly that bag is HUGE! I bet it weighs bunches. What a good Mama to be her driver on band days! :)