9.21.2008

Icky Boys

I'm home! I had a FABULOUS Time Out and look forward to showing you a few goodies I picked up just for you! Don't forget to come back tomorrow to get in on the giveaway!

In the meantime...even when I'm physically away from my family I am still connected mentally. Did DK feed the bunny? How did dance class go? And of course I keep an eye out for little treats (much smaller than the Wii) to bring home to them.

I spotted this book and thought the girls would enjoy it. It's written in the American Girl style with colorful, whimsy pictures but talks about true beauty in addition to physical beauty. When I showed Rand the book she quickly flipped through it and looked less than impressed. I asked her what was wrong. She answered, "I do not want to read a book about looking good so I can impress boys!"
How my heart soared! Not because she misunderstood the intent and purpose of the book but because she has no (current) interest in (icky) boys! May she feel this way for a LONG time to come!

I also saw this little book. With such an alluring and yummy-sounding title how could I not get it? I plan on curling up with the family this afternoon and reading it with them! Maybe we'll even make a batch of chocolate chip cookies afterwards!

Finally, I must tell you what an amazing husband I have. I am not a gushy type of wife and for those of you have read my blog for awhile you can attest that I love my hubby but I do not go on and on about him! But let me tell you, while I was gone he did all sorts of little jobs around the house that I hadn't asked him to take care of! He just did them. Amazing! He fixed a broken piece from my vacuum cleaner, he cleaned under the oven and leveled it, and he remembered to feed the bunny (phew!). This is in addition to remembering to take Kenners to dance class, feed them, make sure they brush their teeth, take baths, feed them, make their beds, tidy up, feed them, and all other things that are involved in rearing children. He is my super man! I can't help but to sing his praises!

12 tweets and twitters:

Kim said...

What a sweet gift your hubby gave you with this weekend time away and taking care of everything. I know you must be so grateful tonight. Happy start to the week!!!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

How exciting!
I can't wait to hear about the give away.
I can't wait to hear about the trip.
I can't wait to hear about the book you are reading.
How wonderful to have a man who appreciates you and makes sure that things are taken care of for you in your absence.
So happy the bunny got fed...oh and the kids too! :-)

Erica said...

DK is such a good guy and a great father. He always does a great job with the kids when you are gone (like the time he took them to the Timex museum or something like that!). You and your kids are truly blessed to have such a great guy around!

cherry said...

awww he sounds like a keeper! It is good that you let him know that you appreciate him...they love that! I am glad you had a super trip. cherry

Carry Grace said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip! Isn't it nice when husbands do the little things that make us happy.

Rachel Berry said...

Sounds like a great trip can't wait to hear the details. Those books look cute I'll have to find them and take a look at them one of these days.

;)Rachel

Our Complete Family said...

Wow~ triple yea's today! You had an awesome trip= 1 yea... Your hubby ROCKS= 2 yea...You found some neat-o books for the kiddos, too= 3 yea! Yea's all around!!! Hugs, Les

Our Complete Family said...

Hey, did you change your topper on the blog and I just now noticed that or am I truly loosing my mind? ;) It's cute!!! ~ Les

diane said...

I'm glad you had fun at Time Out. My husband is a better homemaker than I am. The Chocolate Chip Parable sounds cute. I will look for your review.

Susan said...

glad your trip went well. I'm jealous of your time away...maybe I'll need to take my own "time out".

As for the new carpet in the house - - the stuff that was put in originally was made of polyester and was VERY VERY thin and the pad was TERRIBLE. I could walk around the house and I would end up walking on tack strips almost every day. I said, that is enough. When we get the basement done and get new carpet down there let's put it EVERYWHERE!! So we did. (except the living room b/c we want to put hardwood in there eventually) so there you have it.

Elise said...

What a man!! Those books look cute.
Elise

Christy said...

I am with you on this sentiment! My daughter still puts on the facade that boys are icky, but I know better, thanks to the notes she leaves lying around the house...