9.17.2008

Christmas in September?

It has been a BIG week here at the Evans' Nest! I didn't want to post about DK being gone on a business trip until after he came home (in case there are any crazy stalkers out there). Anyway, he left and came back from a business conference in NYC. I had planned on tagging along but my schedule ended up too jam packed with meetings and other obligations. Sigh....

Yesterday afternoon I was busily preparing for that night's De-cluttering/Organizing class I was teaching when the phone rang. It was DK. He was on 7th Avenue headed toward Toys R Us on Times Square. (BTW he ran into the Naked Singing Cowboy!) He (DK not the Cowboy) was looking for a little gift to bring home to JK. "How nice," I say, "Gotta run, dear". Two minutes go by...ring, ring. "What size does JK wear?" I told him. Hung up. Two minutes later...ring, ring. Another question. And another, and another...well, you get the idea.


JK wearing his new shirt Daddy picked out.

Next stop was the AG store for Kenners. He chose an outfit for her and a matching one for one of her dolls. Splendid. This only took three phone calls.

From there DK went to Nintendo World. Two phone calls here and then he started acting suspicious. Hmmm, wonder why. Look what he brought home.

Let's just say this: Christmas came early this year!

You know what the crazy thing is? If I wanted to go out and buy a Wii he would have given me a hard time saying things like, "It's not in the budget. It is not a necessity. Our children are already overindulged. etc., etc." But since it was HIS idea it was perfectly okay. Whatd'ya think of that type of logic?

And before any of you, my lovely blog readers ask, no, DK did not stop off at Tiffany's and buy his wonderful wife anything. But never fear! Tiffany's has recently opened a shop at the mall which is only 15 minutes from our nest!

25 tweets and twitters:

Traci said...

Ok, now you have to tell us how you are liking the wii? My tykes would love one too.
Hope you get that Tiffany prize-maybe that will be fore Christmas!

Christy said...

Men! I came home from dropping my oldest off at high school even though he begged me to stay home (he has a cold), to find that my husband allowed my middle schooler to stay home for the same reason. And what did the high schooler say as soon as he got home? Exactly what I knew he would say, why did K get to stay home and I didn't? My reply? Because she asked your dad instead of me!

I very wise woman once told me, if you want your husband to do something, let him think it was his idea.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

What a dad. Gifts for everyone but...MOM! I so feel your pain and know just how it feels...but nothing a little shopping trip to the mall wouldn't fix! LOL
I always tell my DH, better get me something, cause it will cost you BIG time in the end if you don't! He understand now after 25 years what I mean! LOL

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Sweet husband you have there, and by the way I never liked that Wizard of Oz witch either. Jackie

...for all eternity said...

LOL! You are so funny, it is the same here in this house, except it's cars. We've had more cars than necessary just because he got the fever to do a switch-a-roo.

Lisa said...

That's great! Don is the exact same way! And you are gonna love the Wii!!! :)

cherry said...

ahhhh I can't talk to ya anymore you owner of the wii.....sigh. rofl......way cool. I could use the excercise. cherry

Tausha said...

ok-why is it that they can get away with large purchases and they chap our hides for a little bit of bargain shopping. Granted, the bargaining happens all the time and i probably in the long run, spend more money. But-that is so not what we are talking about!
Tell him you will go and buy your own present. That always gets my husband-every time!
I think that you should keep your man. He is a good one to do all thaat! How are you all liking the wii? We love ours! My kids love to play it-but I am happy to say it hasn't been out since summer hit. But, cold temps are on the way and then they will be begging for a new game. Just tell your husband when he complains that the games are not in the budget-that he was the one who started and OVERINDULGED on this one! Always blame it on someone else! So much better that way!

diane said...

What? No loot for you? Doesn't he know if Momma ain't happy...
Maybe it's better if you buy your own. That way you get what you want.

Anonymous said...

Rae said she'd love to get Wii on the phone, not a tennis bracelet. BTW the Wii did come with a tennis game and Rae enjoyed boxing by pounding on me. AIG here we come. Do you think the govt could bail me out on this purchase?...

Andy said...

Yay for a local Tiffany! And I hope his "run in" with the Naked Cowboy was a little different than my own. I thought I was going to have to go see my bishop after. Loving all your loot!

April said...

What??? Gifts for everyone else, but Mom? Something's not right here. Actually, when you start playing the Wii, you'll be hooked, so it might feel as if it was for you, too. I know, nice try, right? Let's see, the Wii or some "bling" from Tiffany's? I know which one I'd rather have! :)

Rae said...

Oh, my dear sweet DK, the cell phone must have cut out while you were in Nintendo World. While I said having a Wii would be super fun I would never EVER say I'd take one over a tennis bracelet! You silly, delusional man!

Andie, when DK told me he saw the Naked Cowboy I immediately thought of you, dear girl!!! I asked DK why he didn't go up to the Naked Cowboy, grab his butt and snap a pic! For some reason DK did not find it amusing. Hmmmmm. Had I been there I would most definitely had done some tush grabbin'!

And yes, I have been playing the Wii (love it) and as PATHETIC as this is going to sound....my arms and upper back are sore! A little too much boxing! :)

e.m. said...

Ouch! I feel your pain. I totally agree with the double- sidedness. We get that around here too!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love that your husband is so generous with his family, but this post totally cracked me up!

Hope you're enjoying the Wii...you can really get a workout with boxing and tennis! Maybe you can buy Wii Fit as a gift to yourself...or a diamond bracelet...your choice! :)

Andy said...

What is most amusing about my run in with the NC is the fact that my husband, my friend Kim's husband, two strollers, two babies, a gigantic shopping bag from the American Girl Store, along with everything else you'd pack around for a day in the city, and a few additional shopping bags were all stopped in the middle of an intersection in Times Square while my husband simultaneously tried to balance all the loot, the baby, and snap a picture. All while Kim's husband, also in a balancing act of his own, watched out to keep them from getting clipped by eleven taxi cabs and one of those double decker sight seeing tour busses. Good times!

In other news, Kim does report that after getting a pretty good handful that day... things are not as "firm" as you might imagine for a guy walking around in DECEMBER in underpants.

Crystal said...

What fun! I love just because gifts! Enjoy the Wii!

Anonymous said...

My dear husband ordered the Wii after he got his bonus at work. As much as I didn't want another game system in the house, EJ LOVES it and beats us all in bowling. I, too, am after playing tennis and boxing. At least it is something you can all play as a family. Plus, it is fun to create your character to look like you. Mine even has a mole!! (EJ's idea)

Rachel Berry said...

We celebrated christmas in July when we went to the coast and bought our Wii so my husband could entertain his family at the beach house. Sounds logical right? Enjoy the new toy.

Kim said...

Your life will never be the same with Wii in it! Oh the hours that can be spent. However, my kiddos and sweet hubby do LOVE it! We also got Wii Fit.... where it weighs you, etc. Now, that's just not considered FUN! :) Have a great day and enjoy the new toy!!!

Merand said...

Oh the fickleness of men!!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Did you get the wii fit yet? Or is he saving that for the next NY trip? It's super fun. My wii age is down to 31. Yeah, I'm balanced. You would have to own the wii fit in order to know what that means.lol

The Farmer's Wife said...

Funny how it is a good idea when it is theirs....he must have the same problem my Farmer has...the phone cutting out at crucial moments;)

nanamoo said...

I think your family is going to love the wii!

Unknown said...

It was very sweet of him to bring gifts home for the kids...and the Wii is fun! We've had it for about a year and we love it! The whole family can get into it!