7.28.2008

Be Thou Humble

This has been such a special weekend! I was so shocked and amazed to be the recipient of three blog awards from two special blog friends! Can I just say how wonderful this made me feel? Remember the other day when I wrote about my face breaking out like a teenager? Well, I only WISH I was dealing with acne! It was PoIsoN IvY!!! And it won't stop spreading!! I do NOT look very attractive which makes me feel crappy not to mention itchy! So! When I saw Rachael and Sarah's posts it just helped to lift my spirits! Thank you so much ladies!!

Rachael (who I met through a friend's blog) and Sarah (who I have just had the privilege of meeting) both bestowed the Arte Y Pico award to me. This is such a neat award with a Mexican origin!


Sarah was so sweet and also gave this award to me:

Since I started blogging my mother has asked me over and over again, "Why do people want to read about your life? What is so interesting?" I always answer, "Beats me and I don't know!" But I have to say I am so glad that you all have decided to make my life a part of yours. Thank you for welcoming me and my family into your life!

I have never "met" Rachael or Sarah in real life (though I would LOVE to one day)....therefore, I would like to pass these awards on to a few people I have also not physically met. So, without further ado...

Mel of 3 Ma'am's and Their Guys - She seriously has some of the cutest chick-a-dee's ever!
Sarah of Frills Fluff and Trucks - It has been so much fun finding many common denominators!
Brandee of The Berry's Patch - I think Brandee loves the Twilight series almost as much as I do!
Debbie of Carter Clips - She is the dream Grandmother, not to mention I love her gardens!!
Meredith of Life at 7000 Feet - I just love how she lives her life!

Ladies, please pass these awards on using the following "rules":

1) You must pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, based upon creativity, design, interesting material, and that also contribute to the blogger community.
2) Each award must have the name of the author with a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Award-winners must show the award and put the name and link to the blog that awarded it.
4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize must show the link to the Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) These rules must be included in your post.

18 tweets and twitters:

Christy said...

Congratulations on your award!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Glad I could bring a smile to your face - you deserve it! And I hope that poison ivy stops spreading, pronto!

Christopher said...

Congratulations on your award! Good luck with the Poison Ivy! Hopefully it'll stop spreading and itching very soon!

Melanee said...

This award thing is a really cute idea. Makes me think about all the simple and wonderful ways we can make a positive and uplifting difference in someone's life.

Good job, Rae!

Shannon said...

Congrats on your awards!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You totally deserve it!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

Congrats on your awards! You totally deserve them.

Sorry about your poison ivy! I'm sure at this point you're wishing it was acne!

Lipstick said...

Congrats on your well-deserved award!!!

Best wishes with the Poison Ivy!

Joy said...

Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful to have such nice friends that you haven't ever met!

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh my gosh! You rock!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Poison ivy? On your face? Oh my goodness...I hope that it dries up soon! I am so sorry.

Well, thank you for the blog award! I am honored. I am a big fan of yours as well!

Tausha said...

congrats on the award! i so love it when people give me these things I feel so loved!! I loved the post about your family, too cute!
Come over and check out what I have been crafting lately. I found this great headboard and turned it into a table. It was supposed to be for a client, but i wanted it too much. I know I am terrible. I just wont tell her!!
I think that you will like it and something like this would look super cute in your house!!
So sorry about the poison ivy. How did you get it on your face? did u roll around in the plant face first, oh wait, u probably touched your face. I am kind of slow. Sorry. Hope that the itching stops and the beautimus starts again!!

Merand said...

Sorry about the poison ivy! I had a small patch, thankfully on my arm only, that is finally going away. Never had it before, never want to again! Hope it goes away soon!!!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Ooooh, ouch and itch on the poison ivy!!

Thanks for the award! Yay!! :)

~ Sarah

The Berry's Patch said...

Rae,

Here is the website for the t-shirts. http://www.twilightteez.com/

You've check out her website right?
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html

I didn't pre-order the book. I hope I don't regret it. I figured the last Harry Potter book was easy to get so this should be too. Right?

Elise said...

Look at you, getting awarded!! Hey, I finally posted a tassel tutorial, that is, if you haven't figured it out on your own already. Do you have grandchildren yet?!?!
Talk to you later,
Elise

nanamoo said...

Thank you for the lovely award. I was surprised and delighted to say the least!

Pedaling said...

scratch that hormone advice.
congrats on your award!