6.11.2008

I Feel So Honored

Last night I was the recipient of the "Shining Star Award" at my Girl Scout Service Unit's Leader Appreciation Dinner. This past year I co-led Kenners' Brownie troop and while it was a fun year it also had its fair share of stresses. Some of  you may remember this post. I received this award for "stepping up and going above and beyond the expectations, duties and responsibilities of a co-leader". This was such a special surprise though I don't feel like I did anything more than any other co-leader in our unit. In fact, a lot of what I did over this past year was for my own sanity (I have control issues!) and wanting to make sure everything was done the right way (ah, that would be MY way!). Can't wait for next year; bring it on!


In addition to receiving the GS award I also found out that I had received the "You Make My Day" award from E.B.!! Now THIS award I was wicked excited about! This is my FIRST ever blog award! Many, many thanks, E.B.! It has been so much fun getting to know you and having such a fun Southern gal pal!

It is my honor to pass this award along to a few people who make my day everyday. Thank you, ladies!

~ Shotts Ohana (this girl just completed her first triathalon, is a mother to 3 children and whose hubby is gone most of the time protecting our country. She TOTALLY deserves this award...even if I can't stand the music on her playlist!)
~ Pedaling Fast (Never fails to inspire me)
~ Those Mexico Jones' (The Farmer's Wife is living the life I never knew I wanted until I found her blog!)

5 tweets and twitters:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

KUDOS TO YOU!

Erica said...

What a big night for you. You totally deserve the GS award after all you had to deal with this year. Keep up the great work!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Congratulations on your awards!

~ Sarah

Lipstick said...

Congrats! You totally deserve it!

Ellen said...

You are very welcome! I'm so glad I found your blog :)