6.11.2008

More About Me Tag

Thanks Lipstick Gal for thinking of me with this tag. I have not done it before so here we go!

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
10 years ago brought about some pretty BIG changes! DK had just left the Navy and had gone to work for GE. We moved to Erie, PA and finished building our first house but were not able to live in it because it was part of the Parade of Homes Tour that lasted for 3 weeks. We lived in this nasty mold infested one bedroom apartment. We had to rent furniture as all of ours was in storage. I wasn't working because we had just moved. At this time we also discovered there was a genetic/chromosome problem that had caused me to miscarry, up to that point, three times (one of those times being twins). 

2. What are five things on your to-do list today?
~ My Wednesday Chores (yes, I have a schedule for each day of the week that I follow!)
~ Grocery Shopping
~ Finalizing my Team Roster for an upcoming women's conference
~ Take a nap (like an idiot I took two Benadryl when I woke up early, early this morning itching like CRaZy! I am highly allergic to poison ivy and wouldn't ya know I have it on my neck! I am soOoO tired from taking the Benadryl! I should have known better.)
~ Blogging (though I doubt it is a must do!)

3. Snacks you enjoy?
~ Tostitos with Lime Chips
~ Cheesecake
~ Snickers bar

4. Places you've lived:
~ Virginia Beach, VA
~ Ballston Spa, NY
~ La Maddalena & Palau, Italy
~ Mystic, CT
~ Erie, PA
~ My Current Nest
~ And a few other places sprinkled here and there

5. What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
~ Serve a humanitarian mission (or two or three) with my husband
~ Build our family's dream home (complete with tennis court and pool) right on the water
~ Buy DK his dream sailboat and sail around the world with him
~ Open my own interior design shop
~ Invest smartly for myself and my posterity

6. People you want to know more about?
~ I daily strive to learn more about my Savior and to be like him.
~ Any of you, my blogging friends, who would like to do this tag!

7 tweets and twitters:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the miscarriages. I had no idea.
So, all of your children are adopted?
I did this tag, I think, a few months ago. Go to my page and click on the lable tag time...I think it's there!
It's neat to know more about you.
By the way, I lived in VA Beach for a year when I was in the 5th grade...RIGHT ON THE BEACH! I had NO idea how lucky we were at the time! I HATED IT! What I would give to live there NOW! :-)

Erica said...

Yumm, snickers. Got that from dad huh? I could go for one right now, gotta run....

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Small world--I used to live in southeastern Connecticut! I worked for Connecticut College and my husband was an engineer at Electric Boat! Mmmm, I miss the ice cream at the drawbridge in Mystic.

~ Sarah

Lipstick said...

SOOOOO cool you've lived in Italy! I officially request a post about that! :)

Tausha said...

I love these little "meme" (i think that is what people call them) espescially when they are about total random people.:) You are not a total random person, i just threw that in to be funny. Was it funny?
Anyway-lots of fun facts about you-
You lived in Italy-cool! Why did you live there and how long?
I too have a job list for me on certain days. If I don't I never feel as if I get anything accomplished. I like to check things off!
Tortilla and Lime chips-eh? I love them too-add some good guacomole and I am in heaven!!
Cheesecake too? I think that we are kindred sisters. We love this whole decorating business, we love our kids,one being named Kinli-I have to grocery shopping too! Not to mention take naps!
I loved your answer on people you want to know more about-
I too want to learn more about my Savior, how he lived, how he wants me live and how to always have the spirit with me, my family and in my home!
So-you see, we are kindred sisters! Was it you who said that you wanted to do a swap?

Lisa said...

I remember when you moved to Erie. I was thrilled to see you in Gospel Doctrine class and then to call you my friend!

You got me started on the daily chore list. However, since I've lived here in CA, it has gotten harder and harder for me to follow. I'm a failure!

I remember having lunch at the Chinese place and talking about your medical findings. How blessed you are for your big miracles!!

You also hosted my surprise 30th birthday party. Do you know what that means? Yeah. I'm 40 this year! :)

You've always been an inspiration with the decor. I could use your help out here.

Erin said...

I am so sorry about the miscarriages... they are not fun at all.. I had two of them prior to becoming pregnant with my son. The confusion and angst... incredible...
can you PLEASE share with me your daily cleaning routine.. I have been meaning to set one up for myself but life keeps getting in the way... I will have to copy your little tag... soon.. I promise!