Another snow storm.
Another foot or so of snow (it's dumped 56" this month alone!!).
Welcome to my snowy nest!!!

This weather is perfect for a pot of something yummy simmering on the stove.
While at the store earlier this week I bought some Great Northern Beans. On the can was a recipe for White Chicken Chili. What I liked about the recipe was the absence of cream or a high fat ingredient.

I tweaked the recipe a little bit. It didn't call for any salt and pepper. It needed it. I also added more chicken broth than the recipe called for.

I skipped the cheese and sour cream but added the fresh salsa. It added another layer of spice, some crunch and freshness.
White Chicken Chili
via Bush's Beans
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 cans (15.8 oz.) Great Northern Beans (or Navy)
1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breast (I shredded my chicken)
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
Salsa (optional)
In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot. Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if desired.
Enjoy!!!





5 tweets and twitters:
White chicken chili is my favorite chili.
LOVE chicken chili! I also love your picture of your front door!
Looks yummy! I'll have to give it a try.
Oh, my goodness, Rae...shut that door...I'm freezing!:) I can't imagine getting THAT much snow! We got close to 8" inches here in the Atlanta area a few weeks ago and it shut the entire city and surrounding areas down for days on end! White Chicken Chili is an all-time fav. of mine...I make mine in the Crock Pot!
yeah, thanks for sharing the recipe, i will have to try it out and for posting a picture of the soup too, makes it that much more appetizing!
Post a Comment