8.18.2010

Pillows-Opinions Needed!

I'm still at Girl's Camp and completely unplugged...but I just couldn't help myself and had to schedule a post for while I'm gone! When I come home I am hoping to find your suggestions and opinions for the pillow scenario shown below!
Last week while making a quick trip to Target I found these black & cream pillows. They were an "online only" item and were originally priced at $49.98. I bought them for $10.06 each! I couldn't pass them by...they match my new color scheme so well!! But now I am having trouble figuring out how to incorporate them. So, please, leave your thoughts!!
These pillows are HUGE!
See what I mean?
While at Target I also bought this yellow rosette flower pillow.
I love the rosettes!
Stephanie has one so naturally I wanted one too!
Here's a monochromatic scheme.
Should I stick to it?
No yellow rosette flower pillow?Or are these pillows way too big and should be used as a floor pillow?
Leave the yellow rosette flower pillow with the other two I made?
Buy an additional yellow rosette flower pillow and alternate the four across the couch?
(BTW, do you say couch or sofa? Just curious!)

Should I get rid of the huge pillows all together even though they are a fabulous price?
Do you like the yellow rosette flower pillow?
(My mother doesn't and was not shy in telling me so!)
Can't wait to come home and read your fabulous responses!

post signature

10 tweets and twitters:

nanamoo said...

I think you need the yellow rosette pillows. Stick the big ones on the floor :)

Anonymous said...

I like the monochromatic theme and I have to agree with your mom on the rosette pillow, and I LOVE yellow!! :-) But don't take my word for it I really don't decorate much!! :-)
PN

Tricia said...

I think the yellow rosette pillow is a great accent. Do you have one more?

Andy said...

Yellow pillow is fab!

DO buy a second. Just go ahead and send it to moi!

Anonymous said...

I like the pop of color from the yellow but not sure if I would leave it in.

Carry Grace said...

I REALLY like the 2 pillows you made and the yellow one on the couch. I personally like just the one, for a fun punch. I think 2 might be too much.

I would use the 2 large pillows on the floor. They are just a little big for the couch, but they were a great deal, so I don't think I could have passed on them either.

It looks like I say couch. :)

Merand said...

We probably say couch most of the time! I like the yellow pillows but not sure they go with the rest of the creaminess of the room. I guess I'd go mono on the sofa, but, whatever you do, don't pass up on the big ones!

Traci said...

like how you had the big pillows on the fireplace, i think it let's people see them and also know to use them as floor pillows.
i too like the splash of yellow and would only use the one yellow pillow.
plus you could switch it up and use the yellow for the summer and get a fun red or other color that would match for fall/winter time, maybe.
good luck!!
so fun to decorate!!

Jan T. said...

Okay...ready? I lOvE a trio. BIG (awesome pillow from Target), Fab Yellow rosette pillow, and then one of those cute pillows you made. I know we've never met, but I love your style. I have my degree in interior decorating but you don't need a degree, you do great all on your own...whatever you choose will be perfect.

Melanie said...

I love the yellow pillow but would only keep it in that room if it looks great with the rug you decide on. LOVE LOVE the big pillows you have. You have me checking the target clearance more regularly now!!! So awesome. They are such comfy pillows, they will be perfect if you did decide to leave them on the floor.