7.16.2010

Choices, Choices!

I am so confused!
I am usually a very decisive person but I must say I am completely and totally stumped!
I'm also getting impatient with my indecision...This paint dilemma is going to be the death of me!

I absolutely love Layla @ The Lettered Cottage.
This is her living room which is painted in Natural Choice by Sherwin Williams.
Love it.
I bought a paint sample and slapped it on my wall.
I thought it was the one....until...I read a blog interview with Melissa @ My Sweet Savannah.
This is her living room.
She used Oatmeal by Ralph Lauren.
I ran out and bought a sample of it.
Now I don't know what to do!

Oatmeal is on the left and Natural Choice is on the right.

Of course it is so hard to tell in a picture...so for all of you local decorators...come over and give me your opinion...STAT!

post signature

17 tweets and twitters:

Anonymous said...

I say Natural Choice for what ever that is worth!! :-)

PN

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I like oatmeal! (And not just on the walls, either.)(Now I'm hungry.Thanks a lot!)(BIG smile!)

Ryder Clan said...

I vote oatmeal, it gives a warmer feel.

Merand said...

I can't tell. Don't make any decisions until Wed!!!!

heather said...

The one on the left is my favorite. It's warmer. And it contrasts better with the mantle. And it picks up the bricks better.

Pedaling said...

go with the oatmeal!

and then come paint mine the same color! ;)

Rachel Berry said...

I'm loving the warmth of the Oatmeal!
Just my 2 cents. :) goodluck!

Unknown said...

Another vote for Oatmeal!

Carry Grace said...

Going strictly by the pics, I like the one on the right. It is a cooler cooler, unless you want a warmer color. Then go for the one on the left.

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

I like the oatmeal too. In fact you have now got me wanting to paint something in my house that color :-) Maybe not something - everything. Ugh - the influence of blogs. Happy painting whatever you decide.

Kelly said...

Crazy lady!

Seeing the pictures, the oatmeal looks better. The natural choice just looks like white (to plain for you!)

However, the oatmeal seems very "cottage" while your high gloss black door and flint wall seem more "modern".

Can't wait to see what you decide!

Melanie said...

oatmeal is definitely warmer and natural choice is definitely more striking. your other paint choices would lead me to more striking. it will be awesome.

Andy said...

STRIPES! But you know better than to ask me.

Kristen said...

I think the oatmeal makes your trim pop a little more and goes well with your fireplace brick!

Anonymous said...

Am I too late?? I like the oatmeal. :) I think it blends in with the fireplace a bit more than the other.

Em said...

I was going to say EXACTLY what heather above said... so ditto ;) Oatmeal is my vote!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hey...have you tried flint or a darker color? The mantle seems to get lost with the lighter wall color. I'm no decorator though! Good luck...I'm sure whatever you choose will be great!