For whatever odd reason I get a hankering to repaint during the summertime. Not necessarily the most logical time of year considering the heat and humidity....but nonetheless I have started a quest to find the perfect paint color for my living, dining rooms and kitchen. Our floor plan is open and the rooms all run into one another. So far I have a total of 5 new colors on my walls. Add that to the 3 colors I was already using on my walls and you have a crazy rainbow. I have green, silver sage, beach walk (yellow), purple, gravel (gray/blue), pumice (gray), flint (black), and natural choice (cream).

I like the contrast between the white molding and my plain builder's grade oak cabinets.
We have from left to right: flint, natural choice and pumice.
The idea is to paint the flint above the fireplace from the mantle to ceiling. I think the natural choice (ha ha) is to choose the color natural choice for the remaining wall space.
This is a green wall in my dining room with a slap of natural choice painted over it. The dining room will be painted entirely in the natural choice.
I'm going to live with this mish-mash of colors for a little while and see how I feel after a week or so. We are experiencing a massive heat wave (high 90's/low 100's) with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure. Definitely not the right time to be painting even with central air. I think I will turn my attention to making new curtains for the living and dining rooms. The sky's the limit!!






2 tweets and twitters:
that's humid.
I'll bet you never dry off after taking your shower!
I want to paint some more, too...only I want someone else to actually do the painting.
I just want to pick out the colors.
I love all the choices, but this your final choices seem good. I do like the silver sage as well, though.
Random question: Back when you had a playlist on your blog, you had several songs I liked, would you mind just telling me a few of the artists and hopefully I'll find some fun stuff to add to the ipod.
Thanks.
Post a Comment