6.11.2010

2010-Week 24

Where did this past week go? Holy guacamole...it just flew by! Hubby has been in St. Louis at a conference. He gets home this morning. Sure do miss him when he's gone. There is so much running around after school with the girls that I don't always remember how nice it is for him to be on "pick-up duty". I drop off and he picks up. It's a nice system.

I had my last PTO meeting of the year last night. Had to bring my 3 kiddos along with me. Fortunately we have an amazing community group through our high school and they provide babysitting for our meetings. The kids had a great time but again, I take for granted how smoothly DK and I work as a team.

I am working with two new fellow officers this coming school year. My ultra-talented and amazing Treasurer is moving to a new town and my Vice-President stepped down due to working more hours and having less time to devote. Completely understandable! I have an enthusiastic new Vice-President and a new ready-to-learn Treasurer. I am grateful to continue on with my Secretary of two years. None of them have blogs so I can't link to them! Maybe one of their new duties should include starting a blog!
One more week until the end of the weight loss challenge I have going on with my sister. I am down another 3.8 pounds bringing me to a grand total of 11.2 pounds lost!! Hoping to drop two more this coming week but not so sure that will happen since I lost almost 4 this week....

Yesterday I started reading Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter...not so sure what I think. Of course I'm only on page 52. Got to get into it a bit more before I form an opinion. I've heard great things about the author's other books so I thought I'd give this one a try. I also have this to read. What's with all the blood and vampires?

Are you ready for Father's Day next week? I've had my dad's gifts for a few weeks now but have to wait until next week to pre-order DK's.
One for him. One for me!

post signature

3 tweets and twitters:

Em said...

I wish I was that nice to get myself... I mean my hubby an iphone for Father's Day ;)

Natalie said...

That was the best Father's Day gift I ever got myself!!!:) Jared's been drooling over the new one already!!

Pedaling said...

lucky couple on the i-phones!

are you upgrading or is this the first time?