4.07.2010

What's Age Got to do With It?

The other night during dinner JK was saying how happy he is to be 4. He turned to me and said, "Mom, you're 5!!!" The girls thought that was funny since obviously I cannot be 5!

I have REFUSED to tell the kids how old I am because let's face it, kids are blabber mouths! DK's age is frequently in the papers so he doesn't care who knows BUT not me!! It's a big FAT secret!

Kenners said to JK, "Mom's not 5! She's in her 30's or 40's." Hmmmm, 40's?!?!

Rand, my sweet child, looked me square in the eye and said, "Mom's not that old! She's only 21!"
Me on my last birthday...man, do I look TIRED!

OK, maybe I'm not 21 but I will forever feel like 29....just don't look too closely at my gray roots or crow lines!!!

post signature

10 tweets and twitters:

Anonymous said...

You age gracefully and never look old so no worries! ;-)

susette said...

Age is only how old our brain wants us to act. I say be young forever, for sure!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful--even when tired!

duchess said...

My wonderful sarcastic son is always calling me "old". It's a running family joke now.
BTW, you don't look tired in that pic at all.

Erica said...

Don't let your kids talk to my kids. They know how old you are and will be more than happy to blab! :-)

Lisa said...

If that's what you look like when you are tired, I'm jealous. You look great.

I think you were wise not to share your age with your kiddos. Mine, for whatever bizzare reason, love to tell people how old I am. I was helping out at my daughters class once and she and a bunch of her friends were sitting around comparing their parents ages.

Kristen said...

You look great!

Greg thinks I'm 16. Graham said "NO...mom is only 29"

Honestly, I'll go for either. 3 more days until my birthday and I'm dreading it.

Em said...

UM... you can totally pass for 21! I would card you ;)

Nancy said...

I love love love that your "birthday cake" is a tub of ice cream with candles in it.

Andy said...

Hey... What's wrong with 40's? Some people are inching closer. And closer. Not that I know anyone doing all that inching. I'm just saying...