11.29.2009

Catching Up

I have woefully been neglecting this little blog of mine!
Here are a few snapshots to fill in the past two weeks!

Sworn in:
Not the greatest picture but here is DK being sworn in as
Town Councilor

Birthday girl:
11 years old. How did that happen?
She is in that not-quite-a-kid but not-yet-a-teenager stage.
She wanted Nintendo DS games...
...and a Pandora bracelet for her birthday.

Took a little trip to the Butterfly Garden with good friends:
Inspecting a butterfly
Coaxing a butterfly onto JK's arm. We did not have much luck getting the butterflies to land on the kids. I had to find the ones with broken wings, etc who are more vulnerable and easier to catch for a photo op.
JK's not so sure about that butterfly on his shoulder...

Addicted to:

Celebrated Thanksgiving and DK's birthday:
My heart was full this Thanksgiving as I dwelt on all of my many blessings...this man being one of my dearest!

Went shopping on Black Friday at 4:30 AM with a wonderful friend. I didn't take any pictures of that. No makeup, yoga pants, etc. No need to scare anyone away! Had tons of fun, went to tons of stores, and am well on my way with my shopping!

Starting to decorate for Christmas:
Inspiration taken from Better Homes & Garden (I think...)

Kids go back to school tomorrow and I am going on a Christmas tree hunt this week. I really would like to buy a new tree. One of those "just cut" or "fresh feel" types. Each year we decorate our tree the 1st Monday of December so I only have this week to find the perfect tree. Wish me luck!

post signature

6 tweets and twitters:

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Glad you are back! Great pictures. Looks like a great holiday weekend.

duchess said...

Looks like you've been busy. Happy birthday to your crew & have fun decorating.

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday, Rand!!! She looks so grown up! Where's the pic with the butterfly on YOUR head???? :)... and that is one cute little girl with CUTE JK!!! :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Great holiday pictures!
sandy toe

Anonymous said...

I have loved looking at your blog---and that ice cream looks AMAZING!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I've been missing your posts! Love all those photos. Congrats to your husband! Those photos at the butterfly garden are darling!