10.05.2009

The Latest Craze

Is anyone else's daughter(s) ga-ga over Zhu Zhu pets? Kenners has been dying to get her little hands on one of those little hamsters for months now. They are out of stock EVERYWHERE! Tomorrow morning Toys R Us is receiving a shipment. The store manager told me I need to be there right when the store opens and to be prepared to run and fight against all of the other crazy mothers. I absolutely love and adore my little girl but I'm just not so sure I'm willing to do that....



P.S. In case you are interested, here's an article comparing the Zhu Zhu pet craze to the Cabbage Patch Kid craze of the 80's.

post signature

8 tweets and twitters:

Lipstick said...

That Zhu Zhu is the funniest little thing I've ever seen! I can't believe it is such a hit! Good luck at the toy store.

Tricia said...

I pre-ordered the 3-pack from toysrus.com. They are supposed to ship by 12/11 so I'm hoping they'll get here on time!

Traci said...

i scored one for my daughter for her birthday (she thinks you can only order them on-line!) when she told me she really wants a LIV girl!
So i will be saving the zhu zhu for Christmas. Still need to get it a friend or more accessories to go with it. Every time i am at wal-mart they never have any in!! so interesting about the craze compared with CPK!!!
guess i better be on my toes to get more stuff!

Karin said...

Let me know how you do. John just told me his co-worker saw them at Wal-mart over the weekend. I'm really hoping you find some tomorrow since I'd prefer not to go into Wal-mart if I don't need too :-)

Shawn said...

Hey girl----these are the cutest!! My little guy would love these---but he already has too many stuffed animals.... :)

duchess said...

Thanks for the heads up. My daughter has been begging for one for her bday next month (since I won't let her have a real one). Looks like I may have to start my search early - who knew?

Lillian J. Banks said...

I have never even heard of these- and I have an 8 year old girl- hmmm, I wonder if they haven't hit the west yet- I am sure they will, so thanks for the heads up :)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Thank the stars that my daughters are still clueless about these toys! :)