As you know, last week DK and I flew out to AZ for a wedding. Of course there are many, many things I needed to do to prepare for this trip.
~add a 3 times a week, 45 minute toning class to my daily 2 hour workouts
~shopping
~get hair cut and do something about those pesky gray hairs
~whiten teeth
~stop eating so I can drop 10 pounds
~you know.....the usual things!
The last thing I needed to do and was definitely NOT on my to-do list was to cut open my eyelid. Yet that's exactly what I ended up doing.
It was a typical Sunday morning. DK already at church for early morning meetings. Me scrambling around like a crazy woman trying to get everything done on time. JK deciding it would be the perfect time to dirty up his diaper...right when we were to leave for church. I go rushing up the stairs to his room, swing open the door, bend down and smack my head against the edge of his bookshelves. I grab my eye, try not to pass out as I see stars and lights flashing before my eyes, and take a deep breath. At this point I am more angry than hurt and whenever I am angry I start to cry. I feel a tear trickle out of the corner of my eye and as I move my hand to wipe it away I see blood covering said hand. Great. Just great! Now I'm really wailing because not only am I mad but I am very, very vain! I have gobs of scars covering my arms, hands and parts of my face. The last thing I need is yet ANOTHER scar. I run to the mirror to take a look. This is when I fall to pieces. The cut is running vertically along my eyelid. Not horizontal to blend into the crease of my lid. Noooooooo, vertical.
So here I am, in hysterics, needing to change a poopie diaper, blood dripping down into my eye and we are now late for church. The girls hold tissues to my eye as I change JK's diaper. I quickly make a call to a friend who is also a Physician's Assistant in a hospital ER. She promises to grab her black medical bag and meet me at the church. I call DK to tell him what's going on. He hops into his car and rushes home so he can drive me to church; such a chivalrous man!
In the end, after a second opinion from another doctor at church (I love going to church with so many doctors and med students!!!), it is decided the cut is too wide for dermabond but not deep enough for stitches. I end up with steri-strips and hope for the best as far as scarring goes.
Fortunately girls wear eye make-up, right? I'll be going for the heavy eyelid look from now on! And bangs; gotta have some bangs!!!






9 tweets and twitters:
OUCH! That's terrible. I did something similar one time. Bent down to pick up something and stood up and hit the corner of a cabinet door...that I left open. Needless to say I was in tears. Also had a nice little cut on my head.
Good grief girl...you work out 2 hour a day? I so need to get back to my exercise routine.
Oh no! Talk about having a bad day.
I'm glad it wasn't worse but a little scar just adds character - right?
YOWCH! I'm pretty sure I would have been in tears!
2 HOUR workouts???? WOW! I thought I was doing well doing 1 hour 4x a week. (and extra on weekends but not at the gym)
LOL!
It looks great. You are so blessed to have doctors at church to help.
I was laughing at the picture of your daughters holding a tissue while you changed a diaper. Oh my.
And your eyes are a beautiful color!
That's sounds like a horrible experience, but your eye looks good!
That is no fun at all! BUT, the good news is you can't even tell!
Why do these things always seem to happen on Sunday mornings? I can't even see in the picture that anything happened! It looks great!
Now I gotta ask, what are you still doing changing poopie diapers??!?!!
Just accept it. You're beautiful, scars and all. I've always thought your skin was youthful, smooth, and actually, extra pretty.
Which doesn't mean to say I wouldn't be flipping out too. :)
Post a Comment