I very well may forever bear the emotional scars of going to Toys R Us this morning but I was victorious and was able to get my darling girl a Zhu Zhu pet.
I took the store manager's advice and showed up this morning 5 minutes before opening. There were 10 other people standing in line waiting for the doors to open. I took my place at the end of the line and started to mentally prepare myself for what lay ahead. A minute later a woman walks up behind me and asks why there was such a long line. I told her about the delivery of Zhu Zhu pets and how quickly they sell out. Both this woman and the one standing in front of me (who graciously gave me her spot) had never heard of this toy and wanted to get a look once the store opened.
The doors whoosh open and the mad dash begins.
I am dragging JK along with me as we start to race through the aisles.
I kept repeating my mantra, "All I need is one, all I need is one," as I make it to the Zhu Zhu pet aisle. Women (and one man who was selling his hamsters on e-bay) were snagging and grabbing three and four (four being the cap per customer) each. The hamsters were disappearing with lightening speed. I was about to score my "one" when the woman who was standing behind me in line snatched it and decided to get it for herself. Remember, this is the woman who didn't even know what they were to begin with. I was not about to get into a confrontation with her and was completely prepared to report back to Kenners that I had failed my mission when the woman who was standing in front of me in line grabbed the hamster out of the other woman's hands and told her, "You didn't even know what these things were! Besides, you were BEHIND her (me) in line"!! Before I knew what was happening I was holding my "one" and realized I was victorious thanks to the courage of a complete stranger.
After I purchased my prize I must admit my nerves were jangled and my stomach a complete mess. This whole experience has made me realize how I need to once again get on top of my food storage! If this is how people behave over a toy I can only imagine what they might do in desperate times to obtain food and water!








11 tweets and twitters:
they really are cute. What a brave mom to go get her one.
OMGoodness! I'd better brace myself for battle. I'm starting my hunt soon. Wish me luck.
Glad you were able to score.
Congrats on your score! I am with you on the scariness of obtaining necessities some day if this is what happens for fake hamsters!
I'm just hoping that my daughter never hears about them because I'm not that brave.
So I looked these little beauties up on-line because I hadn't heard about them. They are so cute!! I love the little tubes, cars and skateboards these little guys can run in!! I love them!!
way to go mom and the lady stranger ahead of you!
Glad you got one. I have never heard of them before, but they look cute.
Holy schmoly! I'm not sure I would have been brave enough for that. Yikes! Glad you got one though.
Isn't it funny the lengths we'll go to for our kids? It sounds a lot like what we went through when the Wii first hit the market. They sure are cute!
Thank goodness my girls no nothing about these yet! What crazy women, and it's not even Christmas yet!
How is your friend who is adopting doing??
I have no idea what these are and am actually very happy about that! But when I saw this on fb and then began to read this, I was confused. I really thought you bought a real hamster.
Post a Comment