6.10.2009

Rainy Days and the Kiss of Death

Another rainy day here on the East Coast...
...but never fear JK's spirits are high regardless of the weather!

I on the other hand am not so happy as I am experiencing the kiss of death or in other words PoIsOn IvY!!!! I am HIGHLY ALLERGIC to that noxious plant/weed! I broke out this past Sunday morning and am going CrAzY. I deal with poison ivy itchiness all summer long even if I have not been near any poison ivy. If it's airborne I'll catch it. If its oils are on someone's clothing I'll catch it. It gets to the point that I don't want to leave my house! I'm debating whether or not I should call my doctor and get a steroid prescription or hold off and suffer for a few more days. I go all winter long without needing to go to the doctor but come the end of summer I'll have my doctor's number on speed dial!

post signature

10 tweets and twitters:

nanamoo said...

Oh that is sad...

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Oh, no! Call the Doctor...the sooner you call...the sooner you will feel better, right?!

Crystal said...

Sorry to hear about the Poison Ivy! I've never gotten it, but I have an Aunt that always has a terrible summer with Poison Ivy!! I hope you called the doctor and are feeling better soon!!

Em said...

Oh my gosh that is making me itch just reading it! I had no idea you could *catch* it from someone else!!

Lisa said...

So sorry! Start popping those steriods!!

diane said...

Oh no! My son suffers from this too. I'm sure you know but Technu and Prednisone are the best for him. Call now. Sorry girl.

Traci said...

yikes! you sounds just like my husband- he is the same way as well! not fun!
hang in there! and take care!

Jo said...

Sorry to hear you're so itchy ~ this is the best growing plant on our property!

I hear ya about the rain ~ I did check to see exactly where we live. I was beginning to think it was the rain forest ~ nope, just New England!

I agree with everyone else ... Call The Doctor!

Jo

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh no! I fear poison ivy...because I didn't grow up with it. I'm frequently pulling out weeds (and in the woods...since I'm trying to make more flower/garden space) and I don't think to be careful. Sometimes I am careful and I run to ask my husband if X plant I found is poison ivy...and it turns out it's not. I'm positive I'll get nailed by it one day! Hope you feel better soon.

Send rain our way! Last year we had too much and this year we've had very little!

Shawn said...

OOOOOH, itchy, itchy....