What a day! JK and I went to a new antiques shop today that my neighbor owns. It was fabulously fun! I saw lots of things that I would have loved to bring home but alas I controlled myself and only spent $15!! My sweet neighbor threw in a few other little things I had been eyeing. I will definitely be visiting her shop again soon!
Though I had a great time at the shop JK did not. To cheer him up we stopped off at McD's so he could have some nuggets and play. While we were there I was witness to one of the most horrifying things I have ever seen. One moment nothing was going on except for gobs of kiddos playing then the next minute three women are tearing through the emergency exit and down the sidewalk at breakneck speed. A little girl had been taken by a man and was being led to his car. He had opened the emergency exit door, which was not activated, and took the little girl. Thank God her mom saw as well as her friends and they were able to swipe the girl back. Unfortunately with all of the confusion, tears and hysteria the man peeled out of the parking lot before he could be apprehended.
Praise God that the girl and the other children are safe and sound! I'm praying that the outdoor security cameras picked up the man's car (we all had a description of HIM but not his car) and he is found.
At times I get complacent when out and about and let JK roam away from me and hide in the clothing racks or look at toys an aisle over. Today was a reawakening of being a more vigilant and watchful parent. I hope you all too will keep an extra eye on your children as well!





17 tweets and twitters:
Oh my goodness..this gives me chills!!!! So thankful the mom saw it and got her!!!! OH MY GOODNESS..is all I can say! How old was this little girl???
sandy toe
S-C-A-R-Y! I'm so glad things ended well...but I bet that was one traumatized mom and daughter. YIKES.
that is SO scary! I'm having one of those mom-attacks right now just reading about it. If I was the mom I'd probably even say something to McD's for not having an ACTIVATED emergency door alarm. Seriously! SCARY!
Awful, awful, awful! And yes, vigilant, always vigilant.
Thanks for this reminder!!! I am always telling my little guy that he needs to stay close and he always wanders away!! Even though he is nine, he is small...
Also---check out my blog---for a New England blogger bash!
Reading that just made my stomach drop. I am SO glad they were able to get her back and I hope they find that horrible, horrible man.
Wow. I can't even imagine.
Thank God that she's safe & that awful man will hopefully be found.
Glad y'all are ok.
I can't imagine going through that as a mother. How amazing that she was watching the whole thing and was able to get to her daughter in time. I hope they find the creep.
Jo
Holy schmoly! That would have scared the living daylights out of me for a good long time. I hope that mom recovers from that incident. How scary and I hope they catch that creep!!!
yes, thanks for the reality check!
so glad they got the girl! bummer the emergency exit wasn't working properly!
but, aren't you going to post about your antique finds???
This story is freaking me out. I hope you got some sleep last night. That must have been pretty traumatic. What a bold and nasty move that guy made. I'm so glad there is a happy ending.
I am so over protective with my grandchildren.
I know whe the kids were little, I was not as cautious. Maybe as I got older I got more paranoid!
I love antique shopping. I wish I had more money to do it.
Oh my gosh that freaks me out!
You hear stories about that happening, but you just don't think that it will actually happen. Wow! Good reminder to be more attentive!
Oh my gosh!! I hope they DO catch the guy. Its crazy how that kind of thing can happen right under your nose.
Oh how awful! I cannot even imagine how everyone must have been feeling. I'm so glad that they did get her back. It's so easy for us to just assume these things won't happen to us but I guess we really do need to always be aware.
Post a Comment