During the winter I read the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella in preparation of going to see the movie Shopaholic. (Does anyone else "prepare" before going to see a movie?!) While reading the books I fell in love with the idea of putting on a kettle to make tea. It sounds so cozy and rustic and domestic. I didn't have a tea kettle at that time so I started keeping an eye out for a great looking pot to add to my stove. As luck would have it I found a fabulous orange tea kettle at Marshall's. I love the pop of color and sunshine it brings to my black stove.
The sad thing is I still have not heated water in my kettle, steeped a pot of tea or any other fabulous British pastime.
This week has been dreary, rainy and cold! (I feel like we're living in Erie, PA again!) Perhaps I feel a spot of tea coming on! Now I just need a fabulous herbal tea recommendation!!






12 tweets and twitters:
My fave herbal tea is Tazo Passion tea. Its a more fruity tea, and I usually brew it in the morning and then it cool, and pour it over ice. It doesn't even need sweetener, and its delish!
Your kettle is adorable, sitting so proud on the stove like that...it needs some heat girl!
I was just talking to the husband about getting a tea kettle. I'm hoping it will give me a good excuse to replace some of my black coffee for Green Tea with Honey. I'll let you know if I get one.
You know, I've never tried herbal teas before, but I'm a huge sweet iced tea fan! Love the color of your kettle!
I know what you mean, I'm reading the books now and they are always having tea. It seems so comforting. The tea kettle is adorable.
I prepare for movies too!
And I keep my tea kettle out year round.
My current favorite tea is Stash Ginger Peach Green Tea. So delicicious. So is the Stash Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea, and that Tazo one that Kelly mentioned is delicious too!
I was going to mention to head to TJ Maxx or Marshall's to find a tea pot, they always have great stuff like that and you did score! Love the color!
If you like black licorce- stash makes a yummy tea!
I like chamomile tea with honey. Too hot here this week.90.
Every day during the cold weather seasons I have my red tea kettle full of hot water and always ready to pour for instant hot cocoa when the kids get off the bus.
I like the Good Earth Herbal Original Sweet and Spicy. With honey, it is the best.
I love several kinds of herbal teas, but one of my favorite so far is made by Celestial Seasonings called Bengal Spice. I seriously don't need any sweetener with it. Other herbal teas, I use sweeteners. Some other recommendations: Spearmint, Peppermint (stronger than Spearmint), or Chamomile. I also like Red Raspberry Leaf tea, but I generally add Spearmint to it because by itself, it has a slightly bitter flavor.
Anyway, I love your new teapot! It's a beautiful color!
I go through phases...sometimes I just want black coffee, sometimes black tea with milk & honey and other times various herbal teas. Right now I'm in a black coffee phase. Love your tea kettle! Mine is cobalt blue.
I love all things Tea, except the tea. I really love silver tea sets. I have even made a couple of tea pots. Very Cute!
Okay... now you need a tea POT cause the kettle just boils the water :) I learned a lot about tea at my first "tea party" last year. My friend sells teas from Let's Do Tea... Herbal teas are easy because you can steep them as long as you want and it just makes the flavor stronger the others you have to time them because they get bitter.
Post a Comment