I really, REALLY, REALLY wish I had NOT chosen a side-by-side refrigerator when we bought this house. There is just NOT enough room for everything! I still have things sitting on the counters that need to be added to this mess.




Posted by Rae at Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Labels: Home Maintenance
23 tweets and twitters:
We had a side by side and I completely agree that they do not have enough space. The french door style looks wonderful!
I'm right there with ya! Amen!
That looks like the one we're putting in our new kitchen :o)
I totally agree! I would love a french style.
I am spoiled..I have two fridges...I have so much junk and food...Your is packed..wow!
sandy toe
Here's to hoping your fridge croaks soon! The one you want looks awesome.
And, I am fascinated by the assortment of foods/drinks in your current fridge. It looks just like mine!
I SO agree. We have one too, and I really hate it. There's just never enough room for anything.
I have a side-by-side and it works fine for us...but that doesn't mean that I don't lust over the french door style! LOL! I *love* those!
~ Sarah
ours is sooo old. i would love a side-by-side cause i think the french door is cute, but the freezer is small!
I totally & completely agree with you! I can't (or shouldn't complain) though- we got our barely used fridge for next to nothing. I'm guessing it'll be around for a long, long time just to spite me! LOL!
I would REALLY like to know how you make it with one gallon of milk for five people. We currently have four gallons stuffed in ours. And there are only three milk drinkers in this house. Well, there are four, but I'm sort of the "vessel" for the fourth.
LOL!!! did you get the costco ad today???? Because we have the same fridge and i HATE IT...and today i saw the costco ad and that beautiful beast is in there...i want it!
NO no NOOOO!!! Don't do it!!! My mother in law just bought a new Kitchen Aid (?) french door and she HATES it!!! The freezer is like a black hole (think about a purse that is too big and your cell phone is ringing and you can't find it sort of scenario) She is constantly banging her arms holding one door open while she tries to open the other...I could go on. She paid a fortune for it and she is miserable. We have a freezer in our garage and that makes my side by side bearable. (sort of)
Don't be jealous, but I have one being delivered next week. My side-by-side that is original to the house is finally dying. Hope yours goes sooner.
It seems like their would be a refrigerator engineer out there somewhere that could design a useable frig but it just hasn't seemed to happen! I have a side by side as well and think it is impossible to get stuff in and out!
I feel your pain! We had a side by side and it was always causing me headaches. Last summer we bought new appliances and I am in LOVE with my french door frig! I has so much room and the adjustable shelves are a dream!
Jo
Thanks for sharing...we were thinking of a side-by-side and I am happy to hear your opinion!
Rae~
We have a side-by-side fridge and I couldn't agree with you more...just not enough room!
Couldn't agree more. We have a side by side and I do NOT like it....and located in front of the dishwasher makes it even more obnoxious.
That's my dream fridge too! I like the bottom drawer freezer much more than a side by side. Waitin' on my fridge to die too!
I totally agree... I would love one of these, though my side-by-side is fairly new and will probably last a long while... our enormous outdoor freezer really makes it bearable. I just put a weeks worth of food in my indoor freezer at at time, including fruits, baking, nuts and seeds, lunches, and dinners. Then I pull in another weeks from the garage. Sweet dreaming!
We're going to be looking for a new fridge soon and I love the model you chose.
My mom talked me out of a side-by-side model when we bought our current fridge...I've heard enough complaints about them that I'm thankful.
I have an LG french door fridge and I love it. It wouldn't fit in the house we are currently renting so it is the extra fridge in the garage right now. The fridge was sooo roomy, I love it!
One downfall is the freezer space is difficult to organize because it is a drawer. We eat fresh more than frozen so it works out ok.
Warning: our fridge has the ice/water outside the door like the one pictured-I insisted-ignoring my hubby's warnings. He was right! The icemaker broke after 6 months and had to be replaced. We have trouble with the icemaker every 6 months or so. My husband has been able to fix it but then I have to hear about how he was right. So read some reviews and see what people say about the icemaker before you buy.
Post a Comment