2.09.2009

UGG-Yes!

Remember when Kenners came home from school talking about UGG boots and how much she wanted a pair for her birthday? (For a refresher, click here!) I admit it...I am weak, WEAK, WEAK! I couldn't help myself. Please don't judge me!

Meet Kenners' new UGG's - Payton style
LOVE that rainbow zipper!
Excitedly showing off her boots outside the shoe store.

Here are a few other goodies Kenners received for her birthday!
The cutest cousins in the world!
Black, with a peace sign? Perfect match!
Skulls and guitars? Could it get any better?
Kenners named her Ugly doll "Peaco Tudey"
I don't know where she comes up with these crazy names!

post signature

20 tweets and twitters:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very very cute!
-sandy toe

Unknown said...

I love the boots! It looks like she had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I love her glasses.

And I wouldn't say you are weak. Not one bit. This year I did something for my daughter that everybody thought was ludicrous...I bought her a maltese puppy from a (looking behind my shoulders and whispering) BREEDER!!! And to say she wasn't cheap, is an understatement. I (and to be fair, my hubby) also sacrificed several things that I REALLY wanted in order to buy (ie. and embroidery machine). Sacrificing my long-saved cash wasn't a weak act. But I would do it again, and again, to see The Girl's face the day I brought that puppy home!

So if people are going to judge because you bought a high dollar pair of shoes that your Girl really wanted, then we can stand together in the Weak Mom category! I'm pretty certain our daughters won't think so... ;)

(Stepping off my soapbox now! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest!)

Pedaling said...

cute boots and no judging - it was her birthday for heavens sakes...that's what birthdays are for!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

She looks so happy!! :)

~ Sarah

Tara said...

weak or not...they're dang cute!!!

Kristen said...

Weak nothing - a girl has got to look good. If she realizes that at 8, then more power to her! For heaven's sake - let the birthday girl live a little and forget the guilt mom, you know you made her day and those are the things she won't forget. She also would never forget you taking her to K-Mart for a knock off pair. (Speaking from experience! HA!) I would've done the same thing! I can't wait to take Lauren shopping like that!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Oh~I would have totally bought the boots, too! They are adorable and so is the birthday girl!

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in her boots! I can completely understand buying her nice things for her birthday. It's her day! You're a good Momma!

Melanie said...

I LOve the Uggs! I actually broke down and bought a pair for myslef this winter...I wear them every day!

Happy Birthday to Kenners! You are an adorable little lady!

duchess said...

Cute stuff for a cute girl. I'll have to be careful to not let my 8 yr old fashionista see this post.:)

Bethany G. said...

Oh I love those boots! She is just too cool! Aren't you already looking forward to the day you can steal your DD's clothes and shoes? I'm just so not cool anymore!

April said...

Hi Rae~
So happy to hear from you, again! Your daughter is so cute in her snazzy new UGGS...hard to say "no", isn't it? I completely understand! Looks like she had a fantastic birthday!

Our Complete Family said...

I had fun reading your last few posts to catch up on your blog hun! Congrats to the bday girl! And the Baptism... The pics are great! So glad it was a good day!
Happy day wishes to your sweet family~ Les

Scrapper Mom said...

You caved? I knew you would, but hey!! That's a mom's perogative, huh? Besides, it's her birthday and they're for splurging, huh?

Happy Birthday Kenners!

diane said...

Rainbow zippers are fabulous!

Kacey said...

I don't think she could get any cuter even if she tried! LOVE teh UGGS and NO - guitars and skeletons on a purple tee - it does nto get any better. :D

Merand said...

Ugg! - you didn't!!! But I'm not judging cause I know how it goes - one day you're thinking "hey the cutest kid ever loves fish, maybe I'll get her one," and the next thing you know you've spent $400 on a fish tank she barely looks at anymore! It's all worth it when you look at Kenner's smiling face. See you tomorrow! :)

Nicole said...

Hey, at least she has good taste in shoes. My daughter is a bit of a tom boy and I'm always trying to talk her into more feminine things!

Rhonda said...

Haha, here's my measly two cents worth. I told myself I would NEVER be caught dead in the things. THEN, a best friend bought me a pair this year for my birthday and you know what? I can not keep them off. They are so incredible and warm and I never slip on ice...and and and.... haha. I am now looking for another pair to wear only inside... like slippers.