2.08.2009

Her Big Day

Yesterday my darling 8 year old was baptized.

DK and Kenners before the baptism.

Kenners with our Bishop.

Both Kenners and I sang during the service. Kenners did an amazing job! Everything was going so well until we realized that DK had filled the font with extremely HOT water (usually it cools down to just the right temp). Kenners wouldn't get in because it was sooooooo warm! We quickly turned on the cold water and DK started walking around the font swirling the water together. Kenners thought that looked like a lot of fun and bounded down the stairs to help. All in all a complete disaster was avoided!

Refreshments afterwards
We had a wonderful time visiting with friends and family who came from near and far to share in this special day. Kenners invited many friends from school as well as her teacher from last year. One of my good friends from high school made the trip with her family...it meant so much to me! The love and support was overwhelming!

Family

Good friends!

post signature

21 tweets and twitters:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

OH how sweet! She looks so angelic in her white dress!
They won't let us have refreshments after a baptism here at church! :-(

April said...

Congrats on your daughter's special day! She looks so cute! I know you must be beaming with pride!

duchess said...

What a special day. Congrats.

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great day!
-sandy toe

heather said...

What a great day. :)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

This is a special day, for sure! You all love lovely, too!

Rachel Berry said...

It's Great to be 8! Congrats!

nanamoo said...

ahhhh :)

Kristen said...

And you got her such a pretty white dress too!! I just realized that was done when I moved to Utah - no one in California ever did that when I was growing up. I think it's so sweet. I'm glad the day went so well! Congratulations Kenners!!

Anonymous said...

COngrats to Kenners! She looked so pretty!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Congratulations! She looks so pretty in her white dress!

Pedaling said...

one of my most special days with our children.
cherish this time.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day, congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What a wonderful day for everyone! -- Wish we could have been there! Give our love to the girl in white.

Erica said...

Congrats to Kenners! She was beaming the entire day and did so well singing her song! Loved it!

Merand said...

I can't believe she's gotten so big! I remember when she was born and had her birth gift shipped to her...It looks like you had a wonderful time. I wish we could have been there (good thing we weren't though with all the germs we were dealing with!). Happy, happy day!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kenners! You are such a beautiful girl. I'm in charge of the baptisms in our primary and I love it. It's my favorite part of my calling.

Anonymous said...

Glad all went well..sorry we missed it! She looked darling and so happy! Can't believe she has reached this milestone..

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That is very exciting...and such a special day. I know you're very proud of her! Congratulations.

Tara said...

So beautiful!!! Such a rewarding day for the whole family!!!

Em said...

Congratulations! What a very special memory!