2.12.2009

Oh What a Night!

Last night DK and I celebrated Valentine's Day a bit early by going to see Jersey Boys! It was PHENOMENAL! The music was UNBELIEVABLE! I felt like I was at a concert and a play. It was an AMAZING combination! The language was PROFANE! My ears are still buzzing from all of the f-bombs I heard! At one point I thought to myself, "I can't believe I'm sitting here laughing as they just said 4 f-words, 3 a-words and 2 s-words all in one sentence!!!"


My favorite part of the show was the drummer! He was on his own platform that moved all over the stage. Whenever I go to see a show I always enjoy watching the musicians and the director. Sometimes I get so caught up with them I end up missing what's happening on stage! Where we were sitting last night we could not see the musicians so I was enthralled with the drummer. He was excellent and mesmerizing.

At the end of the show the horn section, two keyboardists and one guitarist joined the drummer on stage while playing Oh What A Night (which took on a whole new meaning for me now that I know the history behind the song!!!!). Each instrument played a solo and it was WILD! So fun!!! During the private champagne/dessert reception afterwards DK and I had the opportunity to meet Courter Simmons who played Frankie Valli and Nathan Scherich who played Nick Massi. Each year it is so fun to mingle with such talented people! I can't wait to see what's on tap for next year!!

post signature

9 tweets and twitters:

Ellen said...

Wow, sounds like a fantastic evening! I would love to see "Jersey Boys" — I've heard nothing but great things about it.
You lucky girl!

diane said...

What a fun date night! Were you dancing in the aisles?

Lisa said...

We have tickets for Sunday night....I'm disappointed to hear about the language.

Shell in your Pocket said...

How fun!
-sandy toe

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Very cool! I'm so glad you got to go...I think it's fun to change things up and do something besides dinner and a movie, ya know? :)

April said...

That sounds like my kind of night! Were you groovin' in the aisles? I wouldn't have been able to sit still!

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day. Sounds like you are having a great holiday! I saw a few songs of the Jersey Boys from broadway when they were on TV...I didnt know they cursed so much...but I guess they wouldnt on tv! My fiance and I saw Chicago on broadway last yr...it was awesome! We're looking to see Wicked next!

Amy said...

Sounds like fun! Happy Valentines day.

Jo said...

How lucky for you!

Jo