2.23.2009

My Yin to His Yang

The other day I was listening to Steven Curtis Chapmans' We Belong Together and realized that this song describes DK and I to a "T".

I am Tarzan, You are Jane
I am the night, and you are the day
We're like sunshine and rain
We're so different from each other
You are woman, I am man
You are the sea, and I am the land
And I would not be who I am
If I didn't have you
He is a night owl and loves to be up late...I do not.
He enjoys figuring stuff out and all that technical jazz...I do not.
He is a slow and methodical person...not me.
He is mellow and is very even keel...excited is my middle name.

For those of you who aren't aware, DK is 11 years my senior...enough said!

I'm not much into Chinese philosophy but the concept of Yin Yang sprung to mind. Here are some of the characteristics:
-Yin yang describe opposing qualities in phenomena~Femininity is yin to masculinity's yang 
-Since yin and yang are created together in a single movement, they are bound together as parts of a mutual whole.
-Yin yang transform each other~Yin always contains the potential for yang, and yang for yin.
-Yin-yang are balanced~Because they arise together they are always equal: if one disappears, the other must disappear as well, leaving emptiness.

Yep, DK is definitely my Yin and I'm so grateful to be his Yang!

post signature

11 tweets and twitters:

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

What a nice post~my husband are very different, also.

Kristen said...

What a great song, I would say this describes Shawn and I well too.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Now that is so very sweet!
-sandy toe

Jenni said...

This is such a sweet post! :) You and your husband sound a lot like us; he is methodical and even-keel, I am not! :)

I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post about you and your husband and the Yin and Yang. I love where it says "Since yin and yang are created together in a single movement, they are bound together as parts of a mutual whole." This would be a lovely reading for a wedding! :)

Our Complete Family said...

So, so, so sweet!
Happy day wishes to you Rae!
Hugs, Les

Melanie said...

I love that song... and your post!
My mother in law once told me that she knew that I was Chris' true love because we were complimentary opposites. It took me awhile to figure out what she meant but after 13 years of marriage I fully understand.

How wonderful to know that you are married to your complimentary opposite! :D

Maureen serrano said...

Beautiful, My hubby is 12 years my senior too, both born in the year of the tiger.

Ellen said...

Awww...very sweet!
My great-grandmother was 12 years younger than my great-grandfather. Most of the women in my family also like older men, including me! Don is just four years older, but I never let him forget it ;)

Tausha said...

Hey-is everything good? You haven't posted in a while and I was starting to get a little concerned. You good?
I know that I don't comment all the time, but I do stalk-often. Just know that you are missed and I am thinking of you.