1.22.2009

Works Like Magic

What is the most magical thing in the life of an almost 3 year old boy?

JK LOVES this stuff and cannot get enough of it!
He is constantly bringing me things to "fix".
We break out the magic tape and make everything all better.

I have a feeling he'll be graduating up to duct tape before I know it!

post signature

19 tweets and twitters:

Ellen said...

Hee-hee...too cute! It's the little things in life, isn't it? ;)

Anonymous said...

He's so adorable! You're always learning something new with the little ones ;-).

Our Complete Family said...

Kids and tape! A funny bond they have. On many of my trips to and from Germany with Bryce I would take tape and fiskars scissors (when they used to allow them). He would cut up a magazine and busy himself for hours taping things back together. Crazy, hu?!?

Shell in your Pocket said...

OH..yes tape is very fun and band aids! One year, for a birthday we bought like 6 boxes of band aids for my daughter to use as she likes...she loved them!
-sandy toe

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I agree with Sandy Toes...tape and band aids! That's what my girlies want to play with. I ought to stock up on that stuff the next time I see it on sale!

Do they make duct tape in different/fun colors?

Marla said...

I read once that there are 4 things you should always bring with you when on an airplane with a small child: small notebook, 3 crayons, twizzlers, and scotch tape. Entertained for hours!

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!

Tara said...

My guy always thought band-aids were tape and tape was band-aids...we're finally straightening that out.

PS...Darn tooth fairy forgot to come 2 nights in a row this week....she finally showed up last night. I had to tell him her wings froze cuz here in FL we don't normally have such cold weather and she's a florida fairy

A New England Life said...

I always said we should have stock in tape, toilet paper, and computer paper. We go through that stuff like crazy!

I still remember my daughter being little and saying "we can fix it with duct tape". lol! Even then she knew it's might powers! Yes, your son will discover it in no time!

And yes, duct tape comes in many different colors. Just not sure where you would find them besides on the internet.

diane said...

You could have just given him rolls of tape for Christmas.

Tausha said...

you know-that stuff must be magic for all children. I have the same fascination at my house. I have now learned that I must hide the tape if I ever want/need to use it.
Glad to know that I am in good company.

Kim Hancock said...

Office supplies and band-aids buy hours of time to get thing done! Both of my kids have always loved tape & staples! Crazy... I know! :0)

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

That's adorable! I really like tape, myself.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

For my boys third birthdays, my mom bought them a huge bag filled with crayons, tape, colored pencils, paper, little notebooks. That was their favorite gift! Tape is a magical gift!!!

Jo said...

Last night on the news some guy had made clothing out of duct tape and actually sold a few of the items for a couple thousand each ~ who knows, your little guy may turn his love of tape into big dollars and support his mother in the comforts she requires. :)

Jo

Merand said...

So funny! I can just see him doing that too. As for Evie, she doesn't like anything sticky so she avoids tape and stickers and all manner of other things little kids love. My little tomboy, bruiser, Soccer Monster can be quite a girly-girl sometimes. It's surprising really.

Unknown said...

BEfore I got to the end of your post I thought to myself: Oh no! it's the precursor to duct tape.

The men in this household are so into their duct tape that they each have their own stash. As a matter of fact they both got duct tape in their stockings for Christmas and you would have thought I had bought them solid gold.

It's crazy. But at least its cheap!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

My kids have an affinity for scotch tape too. I had to restock at Christmas time because they go through it so quickly! (For arts/crafts, and who knows what else!)

Nancy said...

My kids both asked for their own rolls of scotch tape for Christmas.