I remember when I was a little girl and running was
an enjoyable and fun thing to do.

Then I grew up, had babies, gained weight, was introduced to cellulite, spider veins and stretch marks. Now I HAVE to run (exercise) to combat all the before-mentioned ickiness. I don't think I'll ever re-experience the child-like joy of running (playing) but with each passing year I learn not to detest running (exercise) as much.

With that being said, it's time I go and torture myself...
Oops, I mean go for a run!





23 tweets and twitters:
Hi Rae,
So, how's the training for the half-marathon coming along? I'm so excited to hear all about it...you're going to do just great!
I'm about to run on the treadmill...I'm not brave enough to get out in this 19 degree weather we're having. Thanks, but no thanks! :)
I do wish I liked running but the truth is I detest it so much that I've never really given it a try.
Maybe one day (I do have my 20th reunion coming up this summer - that thought alone should do it.)
Oh my gosh do I hear ya sister! I despise running. But, such is life. Have fun!
torture, run, run, torture -its all the same to me!!
torture, run, run, torture -its all the same to me!!
torture, run, run, torture -its all the same to me!!
You go RAE!! That is great!...I must admist it's torture for me unless I am on a beach...well, that is not going to happen in Ohio so I guess No running for me but the treadmill!
-sandy toe
I hate it too but you do what you got to do.
i'm still trying to find the joy in running.
i do like it somedays - outside only- when it's not too cold.
but, oh, how i hate the treadmill.
enjoy your run. make sure you have an ipod!
I ran for soccer in High School and continued in the first two year of college. Then I fell off the running wagon-and have also gained weight, had babies, have a gazillion stretch marks-I know that 's probally the reason-(yeah, right!)
No reason, just laziness-but how would you suggest getting back into it now after 16+ years??? Do you have any tips? Post some on that-I can't be the only one!
You MUST get outside and run. Only then will you find the true joy of running. Trust me on this one!
Sounds like the training is going well.
Good for you!
You go girl! I am not a runner. Never was good at it. I wish I was. Enjoy your run!
I'm doing torture sessions- ahem, I mean jogging sessions on the weekdays. Today we went skiing...no jogging for me today!Yippee! I just want to finish a 5K...I think it'd be nearly impossible for me to even dream of finishing a half marathon!
Um, if I looked like that woman, I'd be all about running! LOL!
~ Sarah
Right there with ya!
It's pretty bad when you have to bribe yourself to exercise ~ or at least I have to :)
Jo
Hi!
I just absolutely love your blog. I found out about you through my best friends Alexandra. I think that you're her Aunt...
Lynne
Running is one of those addictive things, after a while. I much prefer the TM, because its my only TV time, but everyone has there own thing.
Finishing the half will be totally worth it!
Oh how I hear you.... our treadmill is in the basement and it is about inviting as a root canal.
I will email ya on FB about a meet up.
Have a great run.
i just caught up on all your posts since i have been gone...and reading twilight *smirk* ive missed reading them and enjoyed them all...especially the one about the boobie :)
ashley
I Love running! Especially when the run is over!
I'm so proud of you for running! It's the best exercise I've ever done, but it's not easy for me anymore.
Post a Comment