12.17.2008

Laundry Education

Have you ever wondered what these would look like if they went
through a wash cycle in a washing machine?
Yeah, me neither.
Nevertheless, I had the experience of finding out this morning
thanks to my beloved two year old son who has a passion for
putting anything and everything in his pocket.

I was putting the clean clothes in the dryer when these
icky, brown, round things started falling out onto the floor.

I swear....these are not mouse droppings! Scout's honor!!
These are washed M&M's without their pretty colorful sugary coating.
This is the stash I found in JK's pocket!
What will he think of next?

And now you know....washed M&M's look like mouse poop!
Don't you feel so much smarter now ya know?

post signature

27 tweets and twitters:

Tara said...

LOL!!!! I will say...Yes, I have! and it wasn't pretty because it was the "lights"....it would have been better had it been the whites, with the bleach and all, but it was the lights...and it wasn't good...at all!

Kristen said...

Oh the things I find my my 3 year olds pockets. Treasures that never seem to wash up too well. But I'm getting better at checking the pockets!

Merand said...

Lovely! I hope the pretty colors didn't get all over the clothes!

Andy said...

What I want to know is what do the clothes that were in there with them look like.

And is it a bad sign of my gestational diabetes that those actually look apetizing to me? I'm desperate for some chocolate! ANY chocolate.

Unknown said...

OH my! Thanks goodness they didn't go in the dryer!

April said...

Oh my goodness...did any of your clothes get ruined? Leave it up to the little ones to always surprise us!

Unknown said...

Oh no at least you found them before you put your clothes in the dryer.

Anonymous said...

I know I would not be eating your christmas cookies this year!!! :)

Marla said...

Aren't you so happy you caught them before they went in the dryer!!!!

duchess said...

Yum. You never know when you might need a snack.
That boy plans ahead.

Rachel Berry said...

I've washed some of those too!! :)
And some suckers, pens, pencils, rocks, army guys.... The list could go on. Ahh the life with 3 boys in the house. :)

Anonymous said...

I have washed so many things....and I don't have kids. I always forget to check the pockets. Lipstick makes a mess too! Hope your clothes didn't get ruined.

Camrie said...

all that and they still didn't melt.
they really do only melt in your mouth. that's pretty cool. =D

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

LOL!

I once put my father-in-law's wallet through the laundry. BIG OOPS! (fortunately he was very kind about it- it truly was an accident). He had to get a new driver's license because of it. Oh...and I learned from my sister-in-law that Leapsters don't do well in the laundry either. Sigh.

Thanks for the cute card!!!!! :) I might get my Christmas cards out by Easter. (hee hee)

Ruby Red Slippers said...

With my three boys, I have learned to always check pockets!!!
Funny story!

Ashley said...

i am FOREVER pulling stuff out of the washer/dryer. my 4yr old puts EVERYTHING in his pockets too!!!

my 7yr old also leaves nintendo ds games in his and i have washed several of those. just a side note.. they don't work anymore after being washed!

Unknown said...

And I bet you kids would still eat them! Did they get on any of the clothes? My fiance leaves tissues in his pockets which I sometimes forget about and when I find them in the dryer they are all torn up and on everything!

Em said...

Melts in your mouth not in your hand... OR your washing machine? What kind of chocolate are those things made of??

The WORST thing that has gone through in my washer/dryer is my daughter's chapstick - it does NOT come out once you dry it!

Scrapper Mom said...

more like rabbit...lol

Yeah, I've learned to check pockets too since I washed my son's cell phone!!

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I hate to tell you this but my son still stuffs his pockets with random things and he's eleven! And I will also be totally up front and admit I have seen washed m&ms before. Yes, it's true! :)

I hope you have a good night! :)

Daphine said...

This was hilarious! Well...for me anyhow. lol!

cherry said...

I havn't those..but have pens, paper, little mini men...the list goes on! It is always my fault too..because I didn't check the pockets! Your home is lovely Rae...your tastes rawkkkkkkkkk! Cherry

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

When I read your FB status about the M&M's, I wondered if they lost their candy coating...and the answer is evidently, YES!

Screwed Up Texan said...

So, I see that I am not the only one with kids that make you think, "What were you thinking?!"

Love em...

Our Complete Family said...

Sad to say they've been through our washing cycle, too, courtesy of my 8 year old! Too bad they don't grow out of stashing things in their pockets!!!
Glad you found them before you dried them! Phew!!!
Merry December, Les

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't wash things like this as often as I used to. After 15 yrs of being a mom, I've learned to check pockets before every load. Now, I get to keep all the money that I find & teens always seem to have money! Jen

Nancy said...

So funny! I have a nephew who stuffed anything and everythink in his pockets. He'd come over to my parents and we'd have to unload his pockets before he could leave. Some was just trash and other little goodies (in his eyes). Sometimes he'd find tools just an assortment of crazy stuff. I don't think food ever. I've washed a lot of rocks... but no M&Ms. Lucily. Glad you caught them before they hit the dryer.