11.21.2008

Double Digits

Today is Rand's special day!
I can't believe she is turning the big one-oh
10! (I feel so old!!!)

What does this day entail?
A special ride to school
Brownies to share with her class
Pizza and special visitors at lunchtime (that would be JK and myself) 
A party at a pottery studio with friends
Yellow cake with blue and white frosting (courtesy of our local bakery!
After all, I made the brownies)

And the festivities continue into tomorrow!

Did I forget to mention presents?
Oops...silly me! Of course there will be presents!!

My animal lovin' girl. Her latest pet is a cricket she found in the basement! It's a boy...she went into great detail about the differences between a boy and a girl cricket. Who knew? Certainly not me!

Happy birthday, my dear sweet Rand!
You bring such happiness into our home!
post signature

27 tweets and twitters:

Liza said...

What a sweetie! Happy birthday to her!!!

April said...

Oh, I hope Rand has a wonderful 10th birthday!!! She's so pretty and I know you're very proud of her. You think having a 10 year old daughter makes you feel old...just wait 'til she turns 16!!! Yikes!!

Have a fun and memorable celebration!

Pedaling said...

10 today and 10 tomorrow.
prepare yourself;
time flies.

love her choice in low maintenance pets!

happy birthday to your most beautiful daughter!

The Berry's Patch said...

Fabulous birthday. What a great mommy you are. :-)

Ashley said...

how sweet!! hope she has a very special day!!

Davisix said...

OH...what a sweet post...for a beautiful girl on her 10th birthday. My Thing 1 turns 11 next month. :( I'm just ready for that! Have a wonderful weekend! xox Ang

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rand!!! She is such a beautiful girl! I hope she has a great day!

Karin said...

Hugs & Kisses to Randi from Aunt Karin & Uncle John :-)

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday, what a cutie! Love your pumpkins below, they are gorgeous!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun way to spend the day. I love those photos of her...the one with her holding the chick is just precious! :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe she is 10! I knew her when she was a wee little baby!! :) Happy Birthday!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Rand! I can't believe she's 10! Have a great weekend!

Daphine said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Rand! Sounds like a lot of fun things planned for her special day!

I also wanted to thank you for your comment that you left on my Thankful Thursday recently. Your comment touched my heart in an unexplainable way! Thank you too for sharing!

Have a great weekend!

Scrapper Mom said...

Aw.....I hope she had a great day. 10 is a good age. Still your baby, but yet your little girl...wanna be teenager. It's a little of all of it, huh?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rand..Hope you had a great day and a great weekend celebration!

Unknown said...

HAppy B-day Rand!

Double digits were hard for me too! Somehow a decade just seems like a lot of years!

Happy Day!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

She is beautiful! Have a wonderful birthday weekend. Jackie

Camrie said...

Happy Birthday Randi!

Em said...

Awe happy birthday! I have a thing with round numbers - 10 was a BIG birthday for me!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Happy birthday cute Rand!!! I so remember feeling very proud when I finally jumped to two digits. : )
AND...hip hip hooray for your beautiful pumpkins!!! You did a great job. Aren't they addicting? My friends and I just couldn't stop. : )
One of these days I would like to learn how to highlight a word and have THAT take you to a tutorial, instead of always typing out the whole web address. Is it very involved??
Have a good weekend, M.L.

Tausha said...

She is darling! You should be one proud mama!!! I know what you mean about feeling old. We are not quite to ten yet :) but 8 was a biggie for me. i am pretty sure it was because I remember my baptism. SCARY!!
I think that it is totally acceptable to get a cake from a bakery. Us moms, we do everything else, a little help for the cake is not too much to ask! Much less mess as well!

Rhonda said...

Happy Birthday.... ten is such a magical age for any little(big) girl.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I hope she had a terrific birthday! She's beautiful!

Screwed Up Texan said...

My oldest just turned 6 and my how time has flown! By blogging about her birthday, I am sure you made her feel extra special!

Melanee said...

What a precious, beautiful little girl with such a special story. We love you Randi!!!!

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday! She is so sweet! Our daughter will be turning 10 just three days after Christmas this year, so our girls are about the exact same age! :) Hope you are having a good week!

diane said...

What a happy milestone!