My computer is still MIA. I can now see how something in a person's life can make them snap, go absolutely ballistic and do crazy things they otherwise would not do! I am missing important files, notes and Quicken (okay, not really missing Quicken but it sure is a pain having to keep all my receipts organized until I have my computer back). My brain feels like mush since I haven't been writing on a daily basis! Good thing I don't have a gun....who knows what I might do! I think Apple is playing a very mean trick on me. Definitely no treats for them!
We had a FABULOUSLY FUN Halloween week! We attended a town sponsored Monster Mash, our church's Harvest Festival, carved pumpkins, hosted a costume parade playgroup (that didn't go so well thanks to JK screaming the entire time), made icky yucky stuff for the girl's class parties (maggots, dried worms, rotted teeth, missing fingers, etc.) and of course trick-or-treating last night. Kenners was a complete social butterfly. She went home from school with a friend to get ready for the big night. I picked her up at 5:30 to bring her to another friend's house for 6:00. I think we're entering into the phase of "going trick-or-treating with friends is way more cool than going with my family". For this year though, we all tagged along with her friend's family. The night was PERFECT for being outside and we all had a blast. The kids came home with TONS of treats and goodies. After inspecting the candy to make sure it was all safe the girls paid me my fee: all of their Almond Joy bars. I LOVE Almond Joy! They don't. It's a win-win situation.
Home from collecting lots of treats!
This morning I was up early and out the door to get my haircut. It's been 15 weeks since I had it cut. That is NOT a good thing! Before Paris started my cut I was treated to a paraffin wax hand treatment and felt so pampered! My hands are amazingly soft and my hair looks fabulously wonderful. My hips and thighs are another matter thanks to all the Almond Joy's!
The Halloween decor is slowly being removed and my thoughts are moving on to Thanksgiving and yes, Christmas shopping. Rand's birthday is in 20 days so I also have her party and gifts to figure out. Lots to do!
I have one more picture to share with ya. This is DK's office, the place I currently have to go to check e-mails, etc. Now you know why I haven't spent much time blogging! It's a wreck in there! This is his office; his space. I gave up a long time ago trying to keep it neat and orderly. DK tries but he is hardly home and when he is he's busy working, not cleaning up! He has an AWESOME HUMONGO monitor but that's just not enough to entice me down there often!
I miss you all SO MUCH and can't wait to stop by and visit!!!!










21 tweets and twitters:
Hi Rae~
I am so sorry that your computer is still not co-operating! :( I am glad to hear, though, that you had such a great Halloween! It sounds so fun, and I love the pictures! Your kids look so cute all dressed up. :)
I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful! :)
The office may appear messy, but I bet he knows where everything is. Unfortunately it's genetic and I married one with those same genes. You would think his office was clean if you ever saw John's :-)
I like the Camp Rock shirt. =D
And the pumpkins. I didn't carve a pumpkin this year. =[
Happy Halloween! =D
i think i need my computer to go down...i blog too much..
anyway, i love your jackolanters the bat is my fave and pirate costumes rock, i think my boy was a pirate 3 years in a row when he was younger.
your hubby's office isn't too bad, just a little papery!
SOrry about your still missing computer. That office is crazy. My Hubby's is total chaos too, but I leave things as they are because... well, whats the point?
Loved seeing the pictures of your kids. They looked so cute in their costumes. Glad that ya'll had a good Halloween.
Hope you get your computer back soon!
Lovely photos and also what a great looking blog you got! Have a nice Sunday - time is 8 in the morning here, I guess it is night or late evening where you are!
Take care!
Lina in Stockholm Sweden
Looks like Halloween week was such a great time.
ANd you husbands office looks just like my Mister's office! I've stopped trying to get him to clean it. Now I just shut the door!
I may just have to drop all of our leftover Almond Joys in an envelope & mail them to ya. I don't think anyone here is going to eat them.:)
Oh, Rae, hang in there, girl!! We miss you so much!
Your Halloween pictures are too cute! I, too, am a sucker for Almond Joy! Are they to die for, or what? I eat one, then another, and another! They are so addicting!
I will definitely hear the treadmill calling my name tomorrow...after I eat a few more Almond Joy, that is! Ha!
How fun!! They are so very cute!!!...oh I guess I do have to think about Thanksgiving decorations....I do love Thanksgiving!!
What a great office!!!
-sandy toes
Hey girly! Miss you in blogland! I hate that your computer is still MIA. Ours was for awhile and it STUNK! But your hubbies monitor~ now that would be fun to check out some folks decorating photos on! How neat-o!
Looks and sounds like your sweet family had a lovely Halloween. So glad about that. And your payoff? That is a good idea. Bryce gave me his treats of dislike, too. I love them but my butt and hips won't love them!!! ;)
Happy rest of your weekend, have a fab week ahead, and fingers crossed your computer is back up and running soon!
Hugs, Les
LOL, I always get the Almond Joy too. They're my favorite. Your husbands office actually looks organized compared to my hubby's office. I would probably have an anxiety attack if I had to use his computer. Yes, it's that bad.
I'm off to take a short trip with my hubby. So I'll be gone for a few days. I just wanted to tell you good luck on Tuesday. Although we are on different political sides, I think we both want the same things for our country. I'm actually glad I'll be gone for the next few days. I don't think I can take any more of the party bashing. :-)
LOVE the pumpkin designs and the kids are ADORABLE! Hope you had a FUN Halloween!
There must me some kind of computer sickness going around. I have a friend who's died as well. Mine has gotten sick more than a few times, I just happen to have this guy I sleep with who knows all this stuff about computers! :)
Your halloween sounds like all had a great time!! I wanted to get a picture of everyone after all the treating, but they wouldn't even hold their heads up for that. I did that one year and we all laugh at the picture still. Crack up! Makeup smearing off thier faces and their eyes looked exhausted!!!
I think that it's the age. My 8 is kind of in the same stage. Friends are funner than family. I remember doing the same thing. I just hope I am being a good enough that she is kind to all of her friends!! You know how girls can be!!
Ok, I think that I have talked enough! Hope your weekend was good. Make sure you post some pics of the new decor. My spooky stuff is coming down tomorrow as well. I tend to get super excited for my christams decor, so thanksgiving only stays up a couple weeks!!! I know, I am a freak!!
We may not have the same taste in toys, but I too love almond joy and mounds. I also make my children submit theirs to me. Yumm... Your hair does look lovely.
amy
That looks like my Hub.'s office-sad to say, I clean it, because I can't stand a mess...
The halloween pics. were cute!
I miss you too!! Hope you get your computer back soon, and glad that you had such a great Halloween.
oh, and almond joys rock.
I to love Almond Joys...YUM!
I want to see your haircut.
Hurry back.
Hey Rae!!! I hate that you are still without a computer!!! I say as long as it's his mess, close the door and don't worry about it, unless you fear something strange may be growing in there!!!
The children are precious!!! The pumpkins are GREAT, and I just LOVED meeting you!!!
Hmmm think that has anything to do with having girls like you??
Anyway!!!
Love you girl!!!
Sharon
I love your pumpkins...and your kids' costumes. Glad you had a fun Halloween.
I would probably stay very far away from an office like that. I have clutter issues and other OCD tendencies. It would drive me crazy. BUT, that monitor is pretty impressive. I might be able to handle it for short periods if I could use that nice machine!
Post a Comment