You know how happy I was this morning BEFORE going to the fair? The air was filled with anticipation and excitement! My sister and her three chick-a-dee's showed up at the house and off we went at 11:05. Little did we know we were about to run into this:

Ugh! It proceeded to get worse. What should have been a 10 minute drive to the fairgrounds took a solid hour! When I pulled up to the parking lot the police officer told me to keep going - the lot was too muddy to use! Even flashing my vendor pass got me NOWHERE!

After catching the shuttle bus at the high school we made it back to the fair and finally started having some fun!

JK made a little friend and he started tagging along with her and her daddy on the rides.

Yankees? I know, I know...how could I let JK go on a Yankees ride?

Ah, that's better! A Red Sox fan
(actually the fairgrounds was crawling with them)

I was even wearing some Red Sox gear today!

Kenners really wanted to have her hair wrapped at the fair.
That's one happy girl!

Visiting the town's Republican booth
I am happy to report people were coming out of the woodwork to buy McCain-Palin buttons...even some DEMOCRATS!

One of the last rides of the day

Future sports car driver?
After getting home and stripping our muddy clothes off (it was SOOOO MUDDY!!!!), taking baths and eating dinner the kiddo's sprawled on the couch to watch a movie. You'll never guess what they chose. Elf! Isn't that a riot?

Check out Kenners' new glasses!
We picked them up after the fair this evening.
It was definitely not the typical day at the fair, (I'm ashamed to admit we didn't even go into any of the livestock buildings!!!), but it was a good day! A happy day with family...the end!




15 tweets and twitters:
Even if it was muddy and you missed the animals, it looks like everyone had a fantastic time. JK is getting so big and looking so much like Kenners! I love Kenner's glasses and hey - I love Elf too! If I weren't on the computer right now, I'd could go for watching it myself.
HOW CUTE everyone looks! Go momma!
And the glasses...too cute on her! Looks like they are all happy!
What a great tradition.
Your daughter looks darling with her glasses.
My kids love going to the fair. And wow that is some serious traffic! Glad all had a great time. I agree her glasses are way cute on her!!
:)Rachel
How fun...what great pictures!!!Her glasses are so cute!!!
Great memories for you!
-Sandy Toes
Looked like a fun day at the fair!
Can't believe how quick the temps have been changing out here!
I heart the movie Elf!!!
Is that the BIG E?!?
Ya gotta love fair days and family.
You didn't mention anything about the funnel cake stand or the very healthy fried candy bars...these are considered by some the best events of the fair.
Sounds like a fun day at the fair--even with the traffic and mud! I love Kenner's new glasses!
It looks like you all had a blast, mud and all! :) And I think your daughter looks so cute in her new glasses! :)
Have a fantastic weekend! :)
Yankees? Really? Good thing you got the Red Sox fan in the picture! And uh, it makes me happy to know that some democrats were purchasing the mccain-palin buttons! Looks like you all had a good time!
I was scrolling through your post and came across the Yankees bus picture and thought I was going to have to rethink our blog friendship. :)
The Red Sox are in LA right now (my hometown) and my dad (the biggest Red Sox fan ever) isn't going to any games. I finally realized that 1)he was at the 1986 game in LA that was a disaster and doesn't want to jinx the team and 2) he likes to be able to turn off the tv and leave the room when the Red Sox are losing and he can't do that if he's actually AT the game. :)
Go Red Sox!!
I love the fair! Now you have not lived until you have been to a fair in Mexico! Good fun!
Fairs are always such a good time!! Did DK end up getting dunked? We thought about coming down but I ended up subbing that day. LOVE kenners glasses!!
thanks for sharing. my girls will love these!
Post a Comment