10.04.2008

Super Fall Fun

I have slowly been adding Halloween festiveness throughout the house this past week. I love decorating for different seasons and holidays but it usually takes me awhile. I put something together, tweak, undo, redo, tweak, undo, redo and the pattern repeats and repeats....What you see here might not be in place come tomorrow!

My mantle became the resting spot for two black crows and a swooping bat garland

I bought this votive candle lamp three years ago at Bombay Company;
I had to have it!

I love those beaded spiders!

Last year I accidentally knocked the lamp over. Yes, me; not the kids! My heart literally stopped beating. I picked up the lamp and discovered the special glass votive candle holder was broken; cracked; unusable. I was so mad at myself. After calming down I devised a plan to make my own special glass votive candle holder with gorilla glue, a votive holder and a cork. Guess what? It worked!
My outside decor is a work in progress.
This is where we stand of this evening.

Now, onto some real fall fun! Last week I received this yummy package in the mail from CJ. She was having a fall giveaway and I won! I would have posted pictures of my family enjoying this treat but they inhaled the goodies before I knew what happened! All I have left to show is the adorable ghost tin! Thank you, CJ for your kind, generous spirit!


As if the sweet treat wasn't enough I just discovered I won this from Rachel @ Made With Love and Glue Lots of Glue. 
Rachel MADE this! Don't you just love it? Me too. Sorry, I'm not going to share. I'm beyond excited about winning it and I'm going to be very, very selfish! Thank you Rachel, for sharing your talent with me!

13 tweets and twitters:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Darling Rae!! I love your home and I can see that you do too! I love to decorate for seasons/holidays too! Beautiful job!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

TOOO CUTE! I love that bats!
Thanks for the shout out! You are too sweet!

Unknown said...

I love that lamp love it! Congrats on the give aways. I am going to start tomorrow with Halloween decor!

Everything looks great!

diane said...

It's looking very festive over there.
Love, love the lamp!

Pedaling said...

you have great fun taste in your halloween and fall decor and i am diggin' that lamp!

Traci said...

Loving your lamp with the beaded spiders and way to score the awesome pic of witches feet!!! Love that item too!

Andy said...

Love your festive look!

cherry said...

Things are lookin spooky at your homestead! I need to get myself in gear...and finish my stuff. YOu are soooo lucky you won that adorable frame from Rachel. Can't wait to see where you put it.. cherry

Merand said...

Lovin' the decor! Can't wait to see it! I really like your garlands (both the Leaves? and the bats). I really, really love what Rachel made. Very cool!

Our Complete Family said...

Everything looks FAB! Congrats on your win, too! So neato! Hugs, Les

Jenni said...

I love your mantel, all ready for Halloween! Everything looks wonderful! :)

Congrats on winning the giveaways; enjoy! :)

Lisa said...

It all looks really cute!

I was going to post about my manlel because I HATE it! It is too tall too long and too stupid. And it is a constant work in progress. One that I am never satisfied with.

Blogger said...

How fun, your house looks ready for trick or treaters :)

Bella