10.03.2008

It's Fair Day!

My children are bouncing off the walls this morning! No school for them. No-sir-ee! Today is our town's Fair Day! The schools close down and the town offices and library follow suit at 1 PM. This is serious business, folks!

Today EVERYONE in town goes to the fair! It's like a big reunion. You spend half of your time riding the rides, eating bad-for-you-fair-food and the other half of your time chatting and visiting with people in town you don't see on a regular basis. 

Kenners' Brownie Troop will man the Baby Changing Booth for an hour. The girls will keep the changing stations clean, toilet paper stocked in the bathroom and help little kiddo's make crafts. It's a fun service project for them AND they earn a patch for the back of their vest!

DK will be in the dunking booth from 6-7 tonight! Come on out and give him a good dunking! The temps should be in the 50's....BRRRRR!!

Even though I will not be receiving a ribbon or award at the fair today (since my scones didn't quite work out) I'm excited to say I won't go through the day awardless! Thanks Ruby Red Slippers for thinking of me and knowing how much I needed this special award! I love being BFF's with ya!

I'm sure I'll have lots of adorable pictures to post later tonight! Stay tuned!

12 tweets and twitters:

April said...

I'm so glad you enjoy reading about Brittany and Andrew! I'm sure there'll be more stories to come! And, I've only met his mom a couple of times...seems very nice. No way would I ever let her know my blogging address!! I don't think she would enjoy my dry sense of humor, particularly since her son is the brunt of most of it! :)

Have fun at the fair!! Sounds like a great time!! Eat a funnel cake for me!!

Elise said...

How fun that the whole town shuts down for it!! Reminds me of when my mom used to tell me businesses would close at noon on Wednesdays for church(I assume).
Elise

Jan T. said...

No school because of the fair??? That's my kind of town! Be sure and post lots of pictures. I love small town events....and a baby changing booth....now that's brilliant!

Crystal said...

Have fun at the fair! Maybe we'll see you there!

heather said...

Seriously, I love little New England towns. Gilmore Girls really did get a lot of the feeling right. The little gatherings on the town green and the various festivals and such! And your scones look great!

Unknown said...

Wow how fun this is really weird for a southern girl to say but I have never been to a fair. Some of my friends just found this out and swears they are taking me this year! Congrat on the award!

Christy said...

I love fairs! Looks like a great day for it too (although not the dunking...poor hubby). Have fun!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What fun! This seems like a special day for everyone...that is great!

Okay..I usually don't comment political things but I see your poster on the side of the blog!
WASN'T PALIN GREAT LAST NIGHT????
I WAS ALMOST OUT OF MY CHAIR WITH DELIGHT!

-Sandy Toes

Anonymous said...

do you live in the same city as me? becasue a majority of our schools are closed today for the major art fair being held...anyways, have a great time!

don't forget today's Free Giveaway Friday at The Pink Potpourri! Its a great prize, so hurry over and sign up to win!

Liz Harrell said...

Hope you have lots of fun! Take pictures for us!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the fair tonight! Sounds like great fun! i was a brownie once upon a time. I hope your daughter enjoys it!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

tooo fun! I can't wait to see pictures! Congrats on the award!