It has been one crazy week! It is Thursday night and I still have not made my weekly shopping trip to Target! What?! I jokingly told my mom the manager has probably posted Missing Signs with my picture on it. Their quarterly profits are plunging and they are desperately trying to find me. JK and I will go tomorrow....he has 1 diaper left. Not good. Hope we make it in time!
I am happy to report that I am done having the telephone glued to my ear! I have been busy making and returning 100's (no, I am not exaggerating) of phone calls over the past three days. I did not realize this was part of being PTO President. Had I known I might have said NO when nominated! I am not a big phone person. It stems back to when we had no phone living in Europe. During those formative tween years I did not talk on the phone. It has shaped the rest of my life!
The other major phone bummer has been the death of my headset.

Yes, you read that correctly. I wear a headset while talking on the phone. I clip the phone to my pants/skirt/etc. and I am able to accomplish TONS of things while talking on the phone. I resent having to be on the phone a lot less when I am feeling productive. Unfortunately, for the past three days I have had to hold the phone receiver to my ear because my dear bunny, Buckwheat, decided to nip at my headset cord and sever it. Bad bunny! After my shopping trip to Target I will be stopping by Staples and buying a new headset. And seriously, once you have stopped laughing at me, I strongly urge you to consider buying one for yourself! Hands free AND your neck won't hurt! We can be BGFF's. (Blogging Geek Friends Forever!)
Nighty-night!




14 tweets and twitters:
I think if I had that many phone calls I would have a headset too.
I do hope you make it with only one diaper left.
LOL about Target! I just grabbed the last one from BabyBoy's room tonight too! We do have a few left in our room, but will be going shopping for more tomorrow too. And yes, not a big phone person but love headsets for multitasking, feel like a dork wearing it, but I need to get one like yours, well your old one :)
I am not a big phone person either. I would rather talk in person. I don't even own a cell phone. Really. cherry
I'm not laughing at you, at all. Quite honestly, I happen to think your headset is pretty nifty. It definitely frees up your hands so you can accomplish some things while you're talking.
I really don't like talking on the phone, either. My husband, especially, gets aggravated sometimes with me when he's on the road. He, usually, gives me a call around 9 PM and, by that time, I'm ready to call it a day. I often hold the phone up to my ear and act as if I'm really listening by giving several, "Uh huhs". He, of course, wants to be really chatty and I simply can't find the energy. Oh, well! :)
Enjoy your weekend...and your trip to TARGET!!! :)
I HATE talking on the phone! I hate it with a passion. I've always had trouble with it.
Ummm...our headset is held together with duct tape. How dorky is that? I don't use the headset (perhaps I should) though.
Wow. That many phone calls for being the PTO President? I went to one meeting and there were only SIX families represented. And that was for TWO schools and the entire community!!! Can you believe that????
I have a friend who has a headset and swears by it. I'm kind of like you, I do not enjoy talking on the phone. But, if I could finish a bunch of tasks while I'm on it, that might not be so bad. :)
I already had one and my kids took it from me and won't let me use it! I need another one. While you are there today could you get me one too! You know, so we can BGFF!
Bad bunny! LOL
I hope they can take down the Missing persons signs today at Target!
Ever since you turned me on to the headset, I can't imagine life without it. It is the best thing EVER-except when it gets caught on the kitchen cabinet knobs and pulls out, screeching in the ear of whomever I am talking to. Anyway, have you checked out the new Target in Southington? We did the other day, it is very nice!!
If I knew what was ahead of me as PTO President this year I would of also thought twice. I think they saw me coming a mile away and said "fresh meat" I am up to my elbows in cookie dough.
Don't worry, I've been keeping Target's profits up while you've been away. They'll be ALL RIGHT.
I feel it is my civic duty. Would you tell my husband that?
#1- You can make it till tomorrow on ONE diaper?
#2- I was so desperate afte two months away from Target that I took the senior citizen "Jazzy" through there last week.
#3- My husband is NOT surprised the economy has tanked since I've been on bed rest. Get to Target for both of us will ya?
#4- The bunny ate your headset. That cracks me up.
My sister with twins SWEARS by the headset for the phone-but it is hard to take her seriously-she looks like she is running NASA or something!!
Don't worry, I am keeping target afloat-we had to go last night and walked out 150 bones lighter...what in the world did we need? We went in for mouthgards for football?!?
I really, REALLY need one of these! I can walk around with a cordless, but it's true, after a while my neck/shoulder starts killing me! I am definitely going to buy one! :)
Okay....the bunny thing made me laugh!!
FYI! I HATE-HATE talking on the phone! Just hate it!
And i so bad need a headset because I'm on the phone all the time...I"m going to have to run over to Target and get one of those!!!!
Post a Comment