10.17.2008

Cutie Pie, Good Friends and Marriage

Because of my crazy week I have some catching up to do. Melissa @ 3 Ma'am's and Their Guys tagged me.

Here are the rules:
Go to "My Pictures". Open the third folder and post the third picture from that folder. This is my darling Rand. It was taken at my sister-in-law's house a few summers ago. 

Isn't she just the sweetest?

Next on my list is a big heartfelt thank you to Brandee. She gave me this oh-so fabulous BFF Gold Card.
It is so wonderful having such good friends...
and that is exactly what Brandee is!

It's been a week since DK and I went to see Fireproof. I have found myself thinking about the movie off and on throughout the entire week. The crazy thing (or maybe not so crazy) is since DK and I saw the movie we have been bickering. All week long. Nothing serious; just annoying! 

Do you ever notice when you are really working hard at something important (like your marriage!) Satan starts causing problems? I feel like we've been attacked all week long! Fortunately we know that through the strength of our Savior we can overcome anything the adversary slings at us.

DK and I are TOTAL OPPOSITES! From our very first date to this precise moment, 13 1/2 years later, we are polar opposites. At times it is true what they say, "Opposites attract" but there are times when we repel each other! Those are the times we have to work harder to love and serve each other. As DK likes to say, "You're stuck with me and we have all eternity to figure this marriage thing out!"

I want to share with you something special DK does for me. It reminds me of something that might be included in the Love Dare book. At the end of each work day DK writes a little note to me. He started doing this 8 years ago! When he first started he would print the note and bring it home for me to read. (Now a days he e-mails it to me) It all started with a rocky point in our marriage and some inspired counsel given to us. Each year on my birthday he prints out the year's notes and puts the typed pages in my birthday card. It is just a little something but it means the world to me.

Tara @ Family Traditions has a wonderful Fireproof giveaway. Make sure you go over and read her Fireproof review and what you need to do to be entered in her giveaway!

14 tweets and twitters:

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet! It probably both makes you feel better to get/write the note. Whenever he might be upset, it forces him to think of something pleasant to write.

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
I think that is so sweet! What a great gift each birthday to have the year's collection of notes! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Loved the sweet pictures.
Congrats on the award.
Yes, Satan tries his best to destroy a marriage anyway he can.
So glad to hear about the sweet notes. What a wonderful thing to do and a wonderful way for you kids to know how much he loves you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing to get every year. My husband and I are total opposites too its hard sometime but it makes thing interesting huh!

Cute picture!

KIM D said...

i think me and my hubby NEED to go see this movie. i love what DK says about your marriage & i think i am going to make myself a sign and hang it in my kitchen that says that. thanks for your truthful post about repelling each other. marriage is rocky and Satan doesn't make it any easier. i need to hear this today. at this moment. thank you.

Tara said...

Rae...what a beautiful post!! Funny thing, we were repelling each other just a bit after watching that movie too....but we won! It's been 2 weeks and I still think about all the lessons in that movie!

You need to put those love notes in a Cherish Bound book....that would be so beautiful to put them in a bound book.

And thanks for posting and sending people my way!! You're awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet picture! Thanks for playing along!

Carry Grace said...

That is really sweet of him to do. We finally went to see Fireproof last weekend and wow! It was such a good movie.

Christy said...

What a sweetheart! Thanks to you I watched the preview for Fireproof - now I've got to see it. I had never heard of it. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hi!!

I love the note thing...we have been doing that since the start of our relationship. We leave notes at home before the other one gets up or we email each other while the other is at work. It makes you feel connected when your not together. :) Have a great weekend!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

OK, how cute (and blonde!?!) is Rand?

But more importantly, how cute is DK? I note every single day? For 8 years?

Now that is something to truly cherish.

How special!

I agree - I don't know how you store them, but I think binding them would be awesome!

B. said...

You are a Beautiful bride! I love to look at wedding pictures!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

What a sweet tradition. And what a gift for your children and their children to look back on in years to come.

My husband and I are total opposites, as well. We've been married 13 years. Sometimes I find it funny that the things I found so attractive about him when we were dating can occassionally get on my nerves now that we're married. Oh, well. It doesn't matter. As your husband said, we have all of eternity to figure the marriage thing out! :)

gina said...

Hey I noticed we have a few things in common...age,interior design, you've got mail, McCain, kids..... and wanted to say I just read a book called wednesday's letters. I think you might like it. maybe you can check out my blog kandgbookclub.blogspot.com