10.19.2008

One with Nature

I just had to share with you the view from my front door this past Friday morning. The girls leave for school at 7:30 and when we opened the door this is what we saw. 

A clear bright blue sky
Gorgeous fall leaves
Mr. Moon
Talk about a great way to start the day!

My boys went camping Friday night at a father/son camp out sponsored by our church. I was very excited for my little man to go but wondered if he would last the entire night out in the elements. I had no need to worry!

JK snoozing around the campfire

Waking up Saturday morning and peeking out of the tent

Hey, Dad! Where's the water?

Oh! That's much better!

Look at that big smile! JK loves him some chickens!

After picking Kenners up from dance class the girls and I enjoyed a GNO complete with craft stores, Target and dinner out! I think I am going to suggest quarterly father/son camp outs! It was fabulous fun for everyone!

35 tweets and twitters:

April said...

Your little boy is the cutest thing! I love his smile! He looks like one happy boy! I'm sure he and your husband made some wonderful memories...ones they'll treasure forever.

Don't you just love it when you can spend some quality time with just your girls? I do that as often as I can and we always have so much fun together! :)

Carry Grace said...

He is so cute! It sounds like the guys and girls had fun.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

how cute your baby boy is! he looks like he was in good hands!

Scrapper Mom said...

What a beautiful picture. I love that.

And...I hope JK had more fun sleeping in his tent that I did!! lol.

Anonymous said...

The leaves are so pretty this time of the year!

Your little boy is absolutely adorable. I am glad that he had a good time camping.

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
Such great pictures! I really love the one with the moon and the autumn colors! :)
I am so glad that you had such a good time with your girls! Our family did that for the first time this past summer~ my husband took our son on an overnight camping trip, and I had time with our girls...which also included Michaels, Target, and dinner out! Such fun! :)

I hope you are having a relaxing weekend! :)

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Very cute photos! My youngest keeps asking if we'll go camping again soon.

Thanks for all your comments on my blog. :) (dh was traveling- perhaps now it makes sense on why he commented on my blog! I wanted his opinion)

Erica said...

LOVE JK's haircut! Too cute. Looks like everyone had a great time!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

what great dad/son time! How cute!!! The trees look sooo beautiful!

Merand said...

Love the pictures! Glad they had a great time - and you and the girls too! (Awesome pic too, BTW.)

Jan T. said...

Thank goodness for girl's night out/ father's & son outings! Love the new rearranged digs....and the view from the front door....amazing. You need to frame that picture.

Meaghan said...

Awesome pics!

Have you entered into my giveaway? If not stop by and enter to win a free pound of coffee (or tea if you want) We are giving away a free bag every Friday this month.

www.getthebean.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

How sweet. I can't wait for my little guy to go on Father's and Son's. I think my hubby's excited to go as well! Cute pics.

Rachel Berry said...

We love it when the boys get to go to the Father son outing. We girls end up going out to eat and getting chick flicks aka barbie dvd's and eat junk food. It's always a good time. :)
His pictures turned out great. Your little man is such a darn cutie pie!

Shell in your Pocket said...

My son and husband is going camping next week! What fun pictures!
Happy Monday!
-Sandy toes

Anonymous said...

Too sweet. Just love these camping pics. And your front door view is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a beautiful sight! I always look at things like that, as another gift from God. He is so good! I remember those father son campouts with our church. What fun! I miss those little things. Jackie

Fifi Flowers said...

Nice father/son event and even better GIRLS Having FUN time!
BTW... I did your book tag... online today with a link to your book tag. FUN!
ENJOY your day!
Fifi

Don't forget to send me your address... I know I sent you something before, but I did not keep your address... you do know you won!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

That is soo sweet! Cute pictures! I love the sleepy pic with Daddy! And that first pic is gorgeous :)

Melanie said...

Last week balloons in your back yard,and then THIS! I want to live there too! :)
I am catching up on your blog. Last week the girls had ear infections so I haven't been visiting much. I love the pics of the camping trip and your wedding day, your rearrangement looks Fantastic and I absloutely LOVE the wire people. Too cute!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! I bet they had a blast! Looks that way.

duchess said...

That view is gorgeous. I think I might need to head out with my camera tomorrow.

Looks like the boys had a great time.

Em said...

GREAT pictures! It took me a while to figure out the twitter on blogger thing too... try going here: http://twitter.com/badges/blogger

Nancy said...

i love the leaves changing colors. i never had that growing up in california. and i love love love father/son campouts. we need some daddy/daughter campouts too though.

Pedaling said...

your man did well on the documenting...he has learned well, i would say.
great fun and yes to a new tradition with you- fun for everyone!

Kristen said...

I love Father/Son campouts. I look forward to it every year when I know my home is going to be perfectly clean for at least 24 hours. HEAVEN!! I agree that they should be quarterly!

Amy said...

Such boy fun!!!! It is way too COLD for me to camp now.

...for all eternity said...

I can't believe what a great good morning picture! Beautiful!

diane said...

Those leaves are amazing!

Tara said...

CUTE pics.....love the trees! So jealous! And miss "real" camping! You have such an adorable family!!

Melanee said...

Your little guy is adorable, but honestly, DK looks gorgeous too. Maybe it's because he reminds me of someone I love a lot... :)

Nicole said...

Don't you loave those father/son campouts! Our stake does a father daughter one also that I think my daughter looks forward too as much as her Birthday!

Lisa said...

That is a beautiful picture! Sadly we don't experience anything like that around here. I have to look at green turn to brown leaves. :(

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Love that gorgeous pic with the red trees!! Fall by me is mostly yellows ... pretty, but not the same ... gotta have the reds!

Elise said...

Fun stuff!! Love the new look!!
Elise