If you recall, last week I decided it was time to tackle our family room. It has needed help for some time and I was tired of putting it off. Unfortunately, it also meant my living and dining rooms became involved in the disruption. I started shifting furniture around between the three rooms until everything was in a muddle. I am happy to report that I finally finished last night...I even went through all the toys and games and chucked three large garbage bags of stuff!! Wahoo!
By removing the couch and adding a slipper chair I gained much needed floor space.

Some of you were wondering about our people.
They are handcrafted and made out of recycled metal in Honduras.
I purchased them from Sundance.

Since getting my MacBook Air the girls have inherited the old iMac.
This is their little desk where they play computer games.

Game closet and air hockey table. DK just fixed the table leg (which I had broken off due to shoving it out of my way!) and replaced the fan. Had he not put in the effort I would have suggested getting rid of it. It takes up so much space and is an eye sore. We do play with it and have lots of fun...I suppose it should stay!
I was going to share one other picture of the family room but blogger is not cooperating!
So, let's move on, shall we?

Here is the view of my newly re-arranged living room.
We all love having the extra couch in the space!

I just had to show you Miss Witchy Legs! This fabulous goodie arrived in yesterday's mail from Rachel. It is simply amazing and I am scoping out the perfect spot to put her!

They are drying from their first silver coating! Can you believe I couldn't find plastic spiders (that were not rings) anywhere? I had to settle for a hard rubber tarantula.
Lastly, to wrap up this Saturday evening post, I'd like to send a huge thank you to Sandy Toes for this oh-so pretty award! I feel honored that you chose to pass it on to me!! Here's to the Kreativity that surrounds us all!




21 tweets and twitters:
Your redo turned out great! I love how you mix your more "modern" furniture with distressed furniture it all looks great! Glad Miss Witchy Legs made it okay. Can't wait to see where you put her. ;)
this is awesome! I love what you did!
I love your people too! they are darling!
Congrats on your award!
Both of the rooms turned out really good. I know you feel better now that is is done.
I'm hoping to go through and clean out toys this week. We'll see if I get to it. I hope I can get 3 garbage bags full.
Lovin what you did to your digs. I'm also lovin' the spiders. Gol, you're crafty.
Nice Job.
I love the Americana Computer table! My cottage is all Americana- that is soo cool!
You did a great job on your rearrange-can someone PLEASE get rid of some of our toys????!!!!!
Looks fabulous, but of course I had no doubt it would!
I have a room here in major need of an organizational overhaul.
Wanna come visit and help me purge?
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love your redesign of your rooms. They look great! Congrats on getting a MacBook Air. My husband and I are HUGE Apple fanatics.
I love the chair downstairs! It looks great! I am sure that your kids and all of their friends love to come to your house.
I really like the look with two couches upstairs. I am debating on doing the same thing in my house. Not for the lack of space issue. In fact, my family room is WAY big, and odd shaped and kind of a pain in my butt. Anyway, I have this cute, plaid rocker that is so comfy. It sits in the front room, the room no one sits in. So-My hubby said that he would move it downstairs and move the loveseat upstairs. I was worried about the space issue, but after seeing your space done, I feel much better! I am still jealous of the witchy shoes!!!
Looks GREAT! Could be a magazine photo! ~ Les
The room looks much more spacious. I didn't notice the little people before (sounds terrible) but they are so cute! I'm also loving that American Flag table. I know what you mean about the air hockey table. I've been trying to talk my hubby into throwing ours out. It takes up a lot of space.
Congratulations on your award!
Looking good. Did you ever paint your black and white stripes? I'm contemplating a little project for Boo's big girl bedroom involving a few yard sale pieces of furniture and big bold black and white stripes. Wish you were here! I have a lot of ideas and not a lot of "get up and do" going lately.
I love checking stuff off the list that I've been putting off for too long...extra satisfaction.
The rooms look great, that's a nice rec space downstairs.
You've done a really great job of redecorating!!! It's one of those tasks that so easy to keep putting off, but once you tackle it, you can just stand back and admire. Now, can you come to my house and work a little "magic" around here? It's so hard for me to get motivated to trying something different knowing we're only going to be here for another year and a half.
I love your glittery spiders, by the way. I think that's one project I might be able to handle. :)
LOVE your living room! It looks so great! Isn't it so fun to rearrange and redecorate? :)
Love the new arrangements, especially the extra sofa in the LR. We have to get together soon..it has been way too long!
Everything looks fabulous!!
Elise
Everything looks great! You finally figured out where to stick that table! Good for you. (Not sure about those spiders though...)
i love those family figures on the wall. vEry cute!
Good for you for getting it done!!! That could have easily stayed un-done in my house for a year. Everything looks great!
I love your rooms! I LOVE those wire people. So cute!
I'm not sure I want to mess with glitter but I do really like your spiders. I'm afraid that if I get out glitter it will be EVERYWHERE. :)
Post a Comment