10.07.2008

A Work in Progress

You see this room? This is the "family room" in our finished basement. This room drives me CraZY! I have tried for two years to figure out a furniture arrangement that won't make my head hurt. So far I have had zero luck. Today I decided to try something completely new and different.STEP #1: Remove the above green & blue slipper chair from the living room and bring down to family room.

STEP #2: Remove above leather chair from living room and move into dining room. This is now my time-out corner!
The view from my time-out chair!

STEP #3: Survey what's left in living room. Move couch and rug into new position.
STEP#4: Take a break and watch JK play with his trains!
STEP #5: While taking a break have a mini-meltdown over the mess I'm creating!!
What am I thinking?
This had better work!!
Remember, this is the room I'm supposed to be working on...not the living and dining rooms!
Stay tuned to find out what happens!

26 tweets and twitters:

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is me totally. Today I bought pillows and a picture for my master bedroom...well, now it's in the den b/c I like it there. I am always trying to do something with my master but it NEVER happens!
-Sandy Toes

Anonymous said...

You are funny!! I moved our bedroom around last week, after 3 years of having it the same!! Now I have the bug to move everything around!!

Unknown said...

Since the weekend I've been wanting to clean out my closet...I haven't gotten there yet! I love all your rooms...nicely decorated!

PS...thanks for becoming a follower!

heather said...

Wow you have been hard at work today! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you! Reading this post makes me tired. You can come and rearrange my furniture any time!

The Farmer's Wife said...

It seems like once you start on one room it spills into another...good luck and keep us posted!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is what I have been doing too!!! I have rearranged our master bedroom, the foyer, cleaned my office, and did three loads of laundry-however-have I paid the bills for the month?!? NO! But that's what I should be doing!!!

nanamoo said...

I just had to laugh because my husband could never understand why I didn't just start in one room and stay there until it was done. There are a lot of reasons why and you have perfectly explained one of them! Will stay tuned!

Traci said...

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!!! Fun seeing pics of your place too!

diane said...

This post reminds me of the book If You Give a Moose a Muffin.

Susan said...

So Rae, is that time out chair for you or your kids?

Knowing you the house will look fantastic whatever you end up doing to it!! Best of luck!

Carry Grace said...

I can't wait to see what you do. I really love that green and blue chair.

...for all eternity said...

You big mess maker! And we complain about the kids! Just kidding. I envy your energy. Our couches have stayed where they landed when they got dumped off the moving truck! I just don't know any other way to move them!

The Berry's Patch said...

Your so funny! Stay focused girl. I can't wait to see your finished room. I love your dining room chandelier, it's gorgeous. And there is that clock that I fell in love with months ago. :-)

Lisa said...

Quite the undertaking!

Elise said...

Okay, I love, love, love your home!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!
Elise

Merand said...

So that's what's been keeping you busy! I'm sure it will look fantastic in the end (it always does) but we do have to go through a few trials sometimes before we achieve perfection! :)

June Cleaver in Sneakers said...

Okay, I've got to know. Are those figures painted on the wall in your family room? Are they? I'm lovin' them!

Somehow one redo always creates another, doesn't it? How does that happen?

I'm sure your finale will be great. Can't wait to see.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like in the end! Love the time out chair I would be in time out all the time hehe

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I want a time out chair for me too!
Seriously, who are we kidding, Rae?
We all know it's going to look amazing!

Jenni said...

Oh, I think your home is beautiful! And I had to chuckle when you said that the dining/living rooms weren't even the rooms you were supposed to be working on! Don't worry, you aren't the only one this happens to! :) I think it will look SO nice when you're done and you'll be glad you did it! :)

By the way, stop by my blog when you have a chance~ I have something there for you! :)

duchess said...

Just remember my motto...it has to get worse before it can get better.
So far it's looking good.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Good luck with all the rearranging! I am sure it will be beautiful when it is done...can't wait to see it!
Carrie

Our Complete Family said...

How's it going today changing the house about? I want to come have a Mommy time out in your 'time out corner' and sip some coffee and visit! Oh wait, in time out there is no talking, right? Darn it. I can't wait to see! I know it will be darling!!! Hugs, Les

Rachel Berry said...

Hope your rearranging is going well! I think that's one of the funnest parts! You have a fabulous home. love your decorating style. Ya wanna come do mine? I live in an old farm house if that helps with inspiration.

:)Rachel

Blogger said...

I love your style, so fun and young :) Can I have that apple green chair, please??? Love your rug with the circles, too, do you remember where you got it? Thanks!

Bella