10.13.2008

Going With the Flow...

...is NOT something I am very good at! I am a very scheduled type A kind of person. So when I woke up this morning and realized the weather was against us (humid and warm) and time was flying by way too fast I became a bit grouchy. It's silly, I know, but still, that's how I felt. We finally managed to get ourselves out the door at 12:15 and headed off to find pumpkins for the kids. JK fell asleep in the car and slept through the pumpkin picking process. The girls picked one out for him. Here they are on the front step.

We came home after getting the pumpkins and eating lunch. The girls headed out to play with the neighbors, DK and JK went to play on the playscape and I did some needed gardening. What happened to our annual Columbus Day fall drive? Yeah, that didn't happen. But I did take a few pictures from my front yard. The hazy humidity interfered with capturing the leaves' vibrancy. Sorry I'm not a photographer and these didn't turn out better!

This is our neighbor's house that was built in the 1800's
complete with original stone wall.
This house has the most amazing peony bushes in the spring
and ultra-vibrant leaves in the fall.
This is a picture of one of our gingko trees in the front yard.
Yellow leaves have never been my favorite (I prefer orange) but I still like these little leaves.
I bought two sugar pumpkins today and set them on top of
some spanish moss and urns from Wal-Mart.
Cheap and easy...but in a good way!
JK was tuckered out from playing outside and having his nap interrupted earlier today.
I found him snoozing on the couch, nice and peaceful.

Finally, I have two miscellaneous tidbits I thought I'd throw into this post. Last week I finally found the Wii Fit and bought it! Are you ready for my Wii Fit Age? Drum roll, please!!!
38
Ah, that's older than I am, in case you didn't know. There was this one test I didn't quite get right away and I think that affected my outcome. For the balance test I was exactly 100% balanced. The Wii Fit told me I was amazing and quite frankly I believe it!

This past Friday DK and I were able to go and see Fireproof. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. There is a car accident scene and the girl in the car was driving me crazy!!! She kept screaming and screaming and screaming! I was ready to slap her across the face. Fortunately things got better after that and I totally recommend every couple taking an evening and seeing it! Thanks Shottsie for babysitting for us!

26 tweets and twitters:

Nicole said...

I love your pumpkins on the urns, that is the cutest idea. I don't think I'd better take the Wii fit test, I'd probobly do horrible.

Ellen said...

Wow, what great fall pictures! And I just love the one of JK sleeping...so precious :)

Unknown said...

Oh love the pumpkins! I want to get a Wii fit maybe for Christmas who knows.

Christie said...

Nothing like New England in the fall, is there? I still miss it...

Merand said...

Whew! What a busy day! Love the urns and pumpkins. I'm going to have to make a trip to Walmart. :) We've been hearing about Fireproof. It's good to hear a personal endorsement.

Anonymous said...

What neat decorations. I love what you did. Those pumpkins are perfect!

Lisa said...

Figures...he doesn't nap when there is nothing going on. It was a great day to be out!

Camrie said...

is that house really your neighbor? isn't it kind of far away?

my neighbor's house is five feet away from me.

that's pretty sweet though. =]

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Cute pictures! Love what you do with the decorating!
And the age of the Wii Fit...if I did it, I would get a 100 too...100YEARS OLD THAT IS! LOL

diane said...

I've tried over and over to e-mail you but it is not working. Maybe the address is wrong. My e-mail is diane.naylor@hotmail.com. Tom ran the Hartford marathon on Saturday. What a small world. Our lives keep intersecting. I hope to meet you one day.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I posted about Fireproof as well-everyone should see it. I am going to Wal-Mart to get those urns... I love them!
By the way, I am in love with your rabbit-he/she is too cute!

Christy said...

It was humid today? What was I doing that I didn't realize that...Thanks for the reminder that I've got to get out more! And, that I've got to take pictures of the beauty around me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rae...One of my Grands middle name is Rae...I love it! Your little one looks like an Angel...I love your posts. I will be stopping by now and again!

Warm regards,
Susie

P.S. I can get a little grouchy too when I feel like I am falling behind... :)

Elise said...

Cheap and easy...but in a good way!
Funny!! I love cheap and easy-but in a good way!!
Oh, and that tree, and your neighbor's home-gorgeous!!
Elise

cherry said...

I have heard a lot about that movie ..on here in blogland..but have not seen any previews? I am behind on getting our pumpkins...yours are gorgeous. cherry

CMB said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I love your fall pics...I love the fall leaves...ours in the south may just turn brown and fall off this year! I can totally relate to the type A situation!

April said...

I love the pictures you posted of the pretty fall colors. It's, by far, my favorite time of year. I've always heard New England is gorgeous in the fall. I've never been there, but it's definitely on my "must see" list. Your little boy napping is so precious...sweet, innnocent, and perfectly content.

Glad you enjoyed "Fireproof"...that girl in the car got on my last nerve, too! :)

heather said...

I really want to see that FIreproof movie. I'm hearing all kinds of good things about it! :)
And I didn't know their was a wii fit! That's awesome!
And your pictures are just fine. :)

Carolina Mama said...

Oh these are great. So Fall-ish! And he is adorable asleep like that.

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
What a great idea to put the pumpkins in the urns! It sounds like you had fun picking out pumpkins after all, and they look so cute out on your front porch!

JK looks so sweet! I am so glad he took back a liking to napping! :)

Our Complete Family said...

Hi Rae! Thanks for your well wishes! I'm feeling way better today for sure! The Wii Fit score cracked me up~ that would totally be me! I'm thinking we might start searching for one for Cmas. I'll let you know how much older it decides to date me!!! ;) JK looks all tuckered out. So sweet, sweet dreams! And, the pumpkins on your table? They look adorable. The view from the front of your house is amazing! Happy Tuesday girl! Hugs, Les

Shannon said...

Fireproof was really good!

I love your cute pumpkin urns!!

I think I was like 65 on the wii fit. :)

Anonymous said...

I love how the pumpkins turned out with the spanish moss. Very cute! And speaking of cute, that little boy of yours is adorable.

Tausha said...

don't we all wish that us adults could sleep as soundly as our children! He is sleeping on a very cute pillow BTW.
I want a Wii fit-maybe santa will bring me one. We will have to wait and see. I am scared to take the test-I will probably be 80.

Tara said...

Cute Pumpkin idea! And I loved the movie Fireproof! A must see! I have a giveaway on my blog in my Fireproof post. LOVED the movie!!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I love those fall photos! Dang- I really like your neighbor's house!

Ha ha ha about the Wii Fit! I won't even tell you the age it gave me- and I try to exercise at least three times per week! Actually, our Wii Fit is just collecting dust- hopefully we'll use it again once it gets nasty outside. I love watching the soccer/panda head bonking!!!!