10.12.2008

Full of Hot Air

This morning upon waking up I heard a hissing sound. My first thought was, "Great, something's leaking! What's leaking?" I quickly realized it was nothing to worry about when Rand came running in saying there were hot air balloons in the park behind our house. What an exciting surprise!





We had so much fun being outside in the backyard as a family and enjoying the beautiful fall morning. It was a wonderful way to start the day!

21 tweets and twitters:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Wow I would love to wake up to see that! How cool would that be!

A New England Life said...

Woohooo! Talk about excitement! And something to blog about ; )

What beautiful pictures. They must have been a little cold but I have heard it's best to Balloon in the early morning or early evening ... though I don't know for sure.

Glad nothing was leaking!

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love Hot air balloons. There's just something magnificent about them.

Twice as Nice said...

How beautiful and in your backyard to boot. No traveling, finding parking, paying to get in, PRICELESS!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Beautiful! That is the perfect way to wake up! And in your backyard....wonderful!

diane said...

How cool to be that close to the action.

Melanie said...

What a beautiful way to start your day! We have a balloon festival in our town every year and once in a while, they will land in our backyard if we are lucky.
I hope you have a wonderful week sweet friend!

Crystal said...

How beautiful! I'm glad nothing was leaking.

Christopher and Shaun slept out at Norton Park last night with the Cub Scouts and they saw Hot Air Balloons this morning too! It was such a beautiful fall morning!

Michelle@Life with Three said...

This reminded me of my childhood! Growing up, there were always hot air balloons flying behind our house in the summer. I haven't seen one in years. What a beautiful sight and how fun for your family!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

i grew up on five acres in the country-we had a hot air balloon land in our yard-It was so unexpected, and the sound was neat. It was a magical thing to experience...Neat pictures!

heather said...

How fun! That would have been great to see. Have you ever been on one of those?

Jenni said...

Hi Rae~
What beautiful pictures! I think hot air balloons are so neat, but you wouldn't ever catch me riding one!
I bet you were very glad it was that versus something leaking in your house! :)

Have a wonderful night! :)

Carry Grace said...

What a way to wake up. They are beautiful. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

Unknown said...

Hi Rae!

You commented on my blog - thanks!
anyway, I was checking out your cute blog and -please excuse my outward audaciousness - but what religious denomination are you? you can reply back on my blog or I'll look on yours.
I'm totally intrigued by you!

Fifi Flowers said...

What a BEAUTIFUL hissing surprise!

Rachel Berry said...

How awesome is that!!! My kids would love to see hot air balloons up close. Maybe someday.

Claire, said...

How lovely. It's a very nice ride if you ever have the opportunity to do it. Though, they say it's quite dangerous. Waking up on a cold morning is quite dangerous in my estimation, unless it's for a lovely ride.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

What a wonderful surprise! My dream is to some day go for a ride in a hot air balloon.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)
Happy Autumn!

The Berry's Patch said...

How awesome! I love hot air balloons. We had one stop in our neighborhood once. I guess it was having problems.

We are starting to get cooler weather. I'm in my sweats and fuzzy socks. I think the high was 74 degrees. That's probably summer weather for you but for us it's chilly. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty neat little surprise and show for the day! I bet they were something to see in person.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Wow that's soo fun! Oh sounds like a gorgeous morning! We've been spending a lot of time in our backyard or with the back door open (while I'm working on my sewing project!) today, the weather is gorgeous!