9.18.2008

Time to Buy a Cow

One gallon of skim milk
$4.39

How much is milk costing you?

26 tweets and twitters:

Christy said...

I pay $2.84/gallon at BJ's Wholesale Club. It's worth the $35 annual fee just for the milk, but their gas is cheapest around here too.

Unknown said...

Milking cows is never, never worth it!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

funny you should say that - my parents actually looked into getting a cow, but quickly realized it wasn't all it was cracked up to me!

And sadly I have no idea how much milk costs. It's one of those things I know I have to have so I just grab it, throw it in the cart, and go!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I just saw it in the ads for 2.48 a gallon. I am not much of a milk drinker, however, in those bottles I may! Love the picture!

-Sandy Toes

April said...

Found it at Sam's for $3.58. That's pretty reasonable around her, but $4.39! Wow!!

Twice as Nice said...

I have a son almost 13 and he LOVES milk and so does hubby. Hubby drinks skim and I get either 2% or whole for my son since he is still growing and we go through 2-3 gallons a week. Does add up. I don't know how some families do it with the cost of gas and food. We just have 3 in our family. I guess when you count my son it's like feeding 5 since he just started to be a non stop eating machine. Good thing he's so thin.

Andy said...

I have not been to the store myself in six weeks. (See, there are some positive things about my "situation".) HH has been buying milk at Target (no Super Target for us. Bummer!), where I am told it is much cheaper. However, where we are saving on milk, I think we are losing in size 3T log t's and Hello Kitty band-aids, which for the record, we are going through on average of a box every two days. HH and Boo are a dangerous combination when going on weekend Target "milk" runs.

Nancy said...

A gallon of 1% is $3.29-$3.59 at its cheapest. But I'm in Kansas, where cows are plentiful.

When I fill up with gas, I call my parents in California and ask how much they spend on gas. It makes me feel better. :)

Bethany G. said...

Hi! Of course I remember you! You have such a beautiful family now! And bonus - I now have another blog to stalk!

baby doll dress said...

I pay 2.36 @ ALDI'S.
Ahhh, and if you going to buy a cow make sure you have money left for a couple of hens because eggs are also super expensive.

Rachel Berry said...

2.97 at Wally world. My cousin went in together with one of our local OBGYN's and bought a milk cow from our uncle. So they milk a cow now. Too bad it's not skim. That's my milk of choice the rest of my family drink 2%.

Christie said...

I pay almost five bucks for a gallon, but that's because I go to a local dairy here where they sell hormone-free milk. Totally sucks to pay for it, but worth it, I think.

Kim said...

I just bought three gallons today at my local Costco.... for $2.55 each. That is a VERY good price here in Ohio. So, I go out of my way and load up at Costco.

Adorable picture.... My milk isn't that cute! :)

Merand said...

At our teeny local IGA I bought a gallon of 1% local milk for only $2.99! I was astounded. Talk about a good deal.

The Berry's Patch said...

Right around $3.50. I was reading on the internet that it was $1.24 back in 1969.

The Farmer's Wife said...

Everything is expensive! Everything! That is rough for you...I pay $4.50 here and when I am in the US I pay 2.58 Viva Mexico!!

Tricia said...

$3.79 in the regular grocery store here in Charlotte. Costco is cheaper.

Annikke said...

Oh my... our milk is just under $4 a gallon!

nanamoo said...

same as gas here in Eustis, FL
$3.80 a gallon

Carolina Mama said...

Wow, you have us beat. We're at $3.70 per gallon.

Scrapper Mom said...

Oh, I totally know what your talking about. We buy about 4 gallons every time we go to the store. Chocolate milk...even higher!! Ouch!

Elise said...

A half-gallon of organic milk is about $3-$3.50. A gallon of regular milk from Kroger or Publix is around $3.50.
Elise

Lisa said...

Ha, ha. I agree with the first two commentors.

Cheap at BJs, totally worth the annual fee and milking a cow would never be worth it for me. :)

Jenni said...

It depends how much, for some reason. I think this week I lucked out a 2.69 a gallon, but I have seen it for a dollar more than that! And I agree with you! We need a cow, too, but I just don't WANT a cow! :)

Have a beautiful day! :)

Angela said...

I can still get it for $1.99 a gallon at our Aldi (I don't know how they can sell it so cheap), but everywhere else its around $4 a gallon.

Our Complete Family said...

I don't even know. I try not to look and get sticker shock since both my hubby and Bryce LOVE milk daily~ with each meal and snack!!!