I have been one big ball of nervous high strung energy lately! I have had so many new things going on the past few weeks that I have jumped from one experience to the next. I am embarking on yet another week of newness and chaos. I don't know about you all but when I am nervous or unsure of myself I ramble. I talk and talk and talk and say the stupidest things! I just spent the past 45 minutes making calls that should have only taken 20 minutes. But nooooo, I went on and on and on about all sorts of things that were not pertinent as to why I was calling! I can only imagine what they were left thinking...
Tell me, what do you do when you are nervous and not feeling completely secure in yourself. Do you talk? Do you clam up? Do you bite your nails? Do you pick at invisible lint? Do you eat? Do you throw up? Do share!
I am in the middle of writing three different speeches for one meeting and two assemblies this coming week. Wish me luck. Hopefully the nervousness will go away or who knows what I am likely to say!




19 tweets and twitters:
I'm sure you will do great but I know the feeling of just going on and on. Take a deep breath, get a good night's sleep and it will all work out in the end.
nervous for me = i turn bright red and can't think straight so I say STUPID things
You are going to do fine! You are superwoman!!
I've been thinking of you lately as you embark on this new journey as pres of the PTO...I hope things are going well for you and your family too!! HUGS!
I think I am probably a talker. I'm sure you will do just fine. It seem like whenever I am nervous and when it's over with I wonder why I wasted all that time and energy when there wasn't anything to worry about.
I'm sure you'll do great. It has been a long time since I've been nervous (I guess I should try something new soon), but I clam up.
I talk too much and too fast when I'm nervous. I also pick at my cuticles.
Good luck this week.
sound like alot, yes, indeed.
i'd be nervous too.
me nervouse? i usually keep quiet around the house, but talk to others outside and i am always sure to put my foot in my mouth, every time. not fun.
I definitely talk too much when I'm nervous. I'm learning to be more comfortable with the pauses in life, something that doesn't come naturally to me. I'm learning that allowing the pauses in life is about trust. Trusting myself to get my message across, for example, without having to prove it with words. Trusting the other person to "get it" without me having to spell it out or prove myself somehow. Allowing the other person to respond to me and trusting I will be okay with their response even if they don't agree.
It's good that you notice what the root of your nervousness is. You'll do great. Just remember in your speeches that the "pause between the two notes" can be even more powerful than filling every moment with words. You'll do well, and maybe come out of the experience with more personal power than you had before.
I get blotchy...very blotchy..I laugh too. Which sometimes it NOT the proper thing to do. Yep blotchy and giddy. Thats me. Try to ground yourself in your moment...go get a drink of water and think about just that...drinking it down. A simple mudane task can often ground u. cherry
I, literally, break out in red blotches on my neck and chest. It's so embarrassing! Plus, my cheeks usually turn bright red...it's a dead giveaway! I had to speak in front of about 70-80 people last month. When I was getting ready for it, I was so nervous!! My heart would pound so hard at the very thought. However, when I was called up on stage, I said a quick prayer to myself. Believe it or not, I wasn't nervous, at all, when I spoke. I just spoke into the mic. slowly and paused between each sentence. I even had several people come up to me afterwards and tell me that I was a great speaker and did a fantastic job! I about fell over! So, believe in yourself...you will do just great!!
Bless your heart! Take some time to relax, drink some coffee, and spend some time with the Lord - that should help you calm down a little.
But as far as my nervous actions: 1. I break out into red splotches and my cheeks get red and flushed. People always ask "what's wrong? your chest is so red"
2. I talk. non stop. then I sit and think "SHUT UP MINDY! STOP TALKING!" but I cant'.... it just keeps on coming out. Let me tell ya - I made a great 1st impression when meeting my bfs parents. HA!
Just organize your thoughts, write them down & stick to the script. (hehe)
I have this issue, too. I ramble & say stupid things that I never would say if I wasn't nervous.
That's why I don't do speeches, it would be bad.
Hope it all works out.
You poor dear... I clean my house. Can I tell you that my house has never been so clean. After Gustav I started cleaning...deep cleaning! I think I done now... Im ready to move on and enjoy some sunshine. I hope your speech goes well~
hi there! first time here, bloghopping around!
when im nervous i just talk NONSENSE.
lol.
When I am nervous I clean its crazy but sweeping somehow calms my nerves. You will do fine girl!
Yes, and you have every right to be nervous! I would be too!
What do I do? I TALK my ever loving head off! My twin can't stand it! She is quiet as a MOUSE and wants me to be quiet too! of course I can't be! LOL
Hang in there. I know you'll do great!
By the way, I LOVE that picture of the woman talking! TOO FUNNY! I am also now a follower...follow me! :-)
Oh I just love this post!!! I slur/stumble over my words. It is so embarrassing.
I, too, ramble when I am nervous. Or I say dumb things. I am trying to just keep my mouth closed. Good luck to you this week!
Everything will turn out great, and I just know you will do a wonderful job on your speeches this week! I am the same way when I am nervous when I call people I either don't know well/feel uncomfortable around! Before I know it, I have taken up way too much of their time saying impossibly silly things! But don't worry, people won't think anything bad~ you're too sweet! :)
Post a Comment