It is done! This project has ballooned into bigger and bigger projects but for now this part is complete! I have one black bird that I had previously purchased for WAY more than a dollar. I am pretty sure Dollar Tree will be serving me a restraining order for stalking their stores looking for $1 black birds. They are no where to be had in my neck of the woods. Hopefully they'll eventually get them in because I have a HUGE project in the works for outside my front door. Let's just say my index finger is numb from the amount of spray painting I have been doing! That project will be up and running the beginning of October. Wahoo! I LOVE fall...too bad it's so hot and humid! Come on Mother Nature...join in the Fall party!


Week 38--Maymee's Big Trip, part 1
-
I need to leave this post short and sweet. This was my big trip to Amaan
to visit Maddy and Mason who just welcomed their second daughter. They are
the...




16 tweets and twitters:
Very cool! If you do locate a black bird for cheap, please pick me up two and I'll pay you back (and vice versa if I am so lucky). This project has also inspired me with an October decoration. Tune in!
It looks GREAT! Hey, I had to run into Michaels the other day and they had the black birds. Yea, a few $'s more than $1 (I think they might have been $4ish but don't quote me on that!), but if you had your 40% off coupon and you're in a bind...Just get lots of coupons and go in a few times one day!!! ;)
Hello. I would like to introduce myself if you would go to my blog we are having a Welcome to our Neighborhood and would like to add you. Your family is lovely.
Thank you for your comment today. Mike and I definitely felt the Lord's comfort and having so many people think and pray for us today meant so much.
Sarah
It turned out so cute!
I've been busy spray painting too, I think I need to get one of those nifty triggers that doesn't make a mess on your finger.
Oh you finished! I love it! So your saying that will all the spray painting you have been doing you now have a black finger? :)
I have yet to go back to our Tree store for those elusive $1 birds but I may go tomorrow. If I find some I'll send you a Whole Flock! :)
:)Rachel
Love the polka dot ribbon!
BTW, I have the "honk, honk, waddle, waddle" song in my head now thanks to your duck post. My children love that song!
~ Sarah
What a neat idea! I would love to see the finished product! Very creative for the fall season!
Black bird and twiggy branches are on my list of things to find! Love yours!!!
So so so cute!! It turned out great!!! Now I can't wait to see your front porch project!
I love it!! thanks for sharing and thank you for coming by hope you have a nice day ") marina
Happy Friday! ~ Les
Cute, cute, cute! I sprayed some black too but used them on my mantle. I have another idea I want to try out too if I get the time. cherry
I love it, Rae!! I must say that I don't love those $ tree birds. I looked at them and the feathers are a bit sparse, as in, you can see the white body beneath. I suppose you could always touch it up with black craft paint. I guess for a dollar and if you were not really caring that they didn't look as good as your non-$ one then it would be okay. Maybe I'm just too picky. Just my 2 cents...
Elise
I know I commented here earlier. Where did it go? Your scary tree turned out so cute...I mean spooky. Great job Rae!
I love it! Glad you found your bird! I still have not cut down any branches... probably because it has been near or over 100 degrees all week :(
Post a Comment