8.14.2008

Number Art

I was completely inspired by Joy's post this past Friday: Under Five Bucks & Under Five Minutes. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for an inexpensive quick project to add to my bathroom makeover. Look what I found today:

Picture frames - 2 for $3.99 + wedding table numbers for $3.49
(supplies from Target)

Put them together and what have you got?

A 5 minute project that cost roughly $12.00
Sorry, Joy...I came in over budget!
(though I do have the odd numbers as well as 10 for future projects)
Thanks for the inspiration!

19 tweets and twitters:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

The number project turned out great. It is amazing how something so simple has such a big impact.

The Berry's Patch said...

Rae,

You have been a busy girl lately with so many cute projects. What a great idea with the wedding #'s. You should put a little plaque on the bottom that says...who do we appreciate...MOM!

Brandee :-)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

What a great take on the project!! I love this idea too...just might have to go try it also! :)

Joy said...

I absolutely adore this project! There's no need to apologize for going over the budget when you ended up with a whole wall of art and things left over for future ideas!
I'll link to you on Thursday.

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

what a stinkin cute idea! I love it!

Pedaling said...

2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate!

love it!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! Make one and give it away as a contest! I would love to win one!
I want to see it hanging on the wall in your bathroom! Pictures PLEASE!

Susan said...

I think this is way cute! (but since you used the even numbers, I'm pretty sure that leaves the ODD numbers and number 10 for future projects, you know me, always proof reading. ;) )

Rae said...

Oops! I fixed the boo-boo. Thanks Susan!! What would I do without ya?!

Anonymous said...

This is way too cute!! Can't wait to see the finished room! Miss you..it has been way too long!

Darlene said...

What a cute, cute project. I LOVE that!

Elise said...

How cute!! To me all numbers need to add up to 7, so I would have to do the math, then put up those numbers. I'm weird, I know.
Elise

Chris said...

I love this! Such a simple idea, yet so decorative. Nice job!!!

Christy said...

These are so fun! So, they have these numbers at Target? I'm going to have to check this out!

cherry said...

Wow that is a cool take on Joy's project! Where did you get the numbers at? TArget? You have inspired me to do something too! So cool how that happens. I don't think I have ever been here but enjoyed your blog..we have simiiar tastes. Do you mind if I add you to my blog roll? thanks, cherry

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

THAT is a great idea! I love the numbers and the unique font...so cute! Makes me want to give it a try! By the way, thanks for visiting me today! It is nice to meet you!
-Carrie

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

2,4,6,8! Who do we appreciate??

That's so cool!! Love it! I have a thing for numbers yet they aren't displayed anywhere in my home. Lovin' it!

Nicole said...

It looks great. I'm ready to redo my bathroom too. I've got the ugly oak cabinets also. Love the footprints on the wall :) Isn't it fun painting with children.

Nichole said...

Cute project!