8.14.2008

Painted Furniture

Man, I don't know what it is but I am on a home decor posting kick this week! I love painted furniture and have it sprinkled throughout my entire house. Here is a quick sampling:

The cupboard on the right is one a friend of mine in Pennsylvania found on the side of the road. I fell in love with it and begged to buy it from her. She ended up needing to get rid of it and I was the lucky recipient.

I love folding wooden chairs! I have about 6 of them here, there and everywhere. This is my latest chair from my neighbor down the street. $2
Those letters in the wire basket are originally from Pottery Barn but I found them at Goodwill for $2 a piece. They only had these three and they just happened to be my initials!

This dresser (which also came from my neighbor's tag sale) has been made into our tv unit. DK took apart the drawers and made shelves for the media components and what not.

This was a side of the road find I made DK go and pick up in the middle of the night. I had gotten the idea to dry brush it turquoise from a Sensible Chic episode on HGTV. I love feathers - especially these peacock feathers!

16 tweets and twitters:

Carry Grace said...

I love the dresser turned tv stand! I would have never thought of that and I have been trying really hard to come up with something interesting for ours.

I am a big fan of painted furniture!

The Berry's Patch said...

Those furniture pieced are beautiful! I can't believe you found your initials. What a find!

Where did you get your lamps? I'm on a lamp hunt right now and I just can't find what I'm looking for. I love both of the lamps you show in the pic's.

cherry said...

I love to redo furniture too..but I am running out of room!!!!! What is a girl to do? I love all your finds...and that was soo seridiptious that you found your initials..lucky chick. cherry

Susan said...

I don't know if you know this (as if I haven't said it enough), you are my idol. Painted furniture, gorgeous decor, spotless all the time. Sheesh. You are making me homesick for your house!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

How darling these are! I love the TV stand. What a grand idea! To clever...and finding your initials in Goodwill? Lucky!

Pedaling said...

i love all of those. i think my favorite one is the cupboard up top. very nice work.

Merand said...

I love all your painted furniture and anytime you need to get rid of it or get sick of it - I'll buy it off of you!!!

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

please come decorate my house. i want it to look just like yours.

Shannon said...

Everything is so pretty! Painted furniture adds such a great element to design. I love all your pieces! I cannot believe those letters were your initials! It was meant to be!! :)

Amy said...

It ALL looks good! How do you dry brush?

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Great cupboard, but what I really like is the dresser you turned into a media stand.

~ Sarah

Eve said...

You did a great job on all of them. I especially like the last one. I buy all these books on painted furniture and then never do much from them. But I love looking at them.

Elise said...

I am loving all of your furniture!! Painted furniture has such great character, doesn't it?
Hope you are having a great weekend!!
Elise

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

I always love seeing all of the little details of your house - I think seeing in its entirety (sp?) would put my awe of you over the edge! I love how you mix antique-style elements with funky modern stuff. It totally works!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Wow, those photos were so fun to look at! You do absolutely beautiful work!
-Carrie

Krissy said...

WOW. I live in the wrong state. lol