7.22.2008

Welcome Home Gift

It was such a wonderful treat going out to my garden and peeking around. I could not believe the amount of things that had grown while I was gone!!

12 cucumbers
7 yellow squash
10 zucchini
Veggies are beginning to pile up around here!

Some of the zucchini were ginormous!

Big bowl full of tomatoes

It was the best welcome home present I have ever received!

I love Tuesday's because that means it's Lara's Talk About Tuesday!
Make sure to check out what everyone is talking about!

15 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

Okay Miss Green Thumb, that is so unfair!! What ginormous zucchini you have! That is crazy. 12 cukes? No way. Sigh, I almost have one that is ready. I should give up! Glad you are having such good luck and enjoy all your veggies!

Elise said...

I sooo want a garden. I would probably forget to water it though. Ask my poor geranium...
Elise

Veggiemomof2 said...

I love zuccinni, but since we don't have a garden, we have to wait for others to pass some along. We've already gotten some cucumbers this year.

Christy said...

I have a recipe (if I can find it!) for zucchini pie - my husband had it and swears it tastes JUST LIKE APPLE PIE. If you're interested, send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you. I've never made it or tasted it - someone else had and gave my husband the recipe.

creedeedee@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got the start of a delicious salad there. Congrats on the delicious looking produce.

Richelle said...

Wow! Looks delicious!

Mrs. O said...

I swear those zucchini explode overnight! I'm quite jealous of your tomatoes - the one plant I killed this year was the grape tomato (I love those!)

Nicole said...

Your veggie's look great. We tried planting a small garden this summer, so far it hasn't done much, what's your secret?

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous vegetables. You certainly can't find any like that in the grocery store.

Mad Scientist Society said...

LOL I can't tell if your zucchini is ginormous or your foot is really small! :D

The Farmer's Wife said...

Congats! I am in the same mode....but am loving it!!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Good grief, look at your bounty!! And here I am waiting for ONE tomato to ripen from my garden!

~ Sarah

Susan said...

That is amazing! I'm hoping that my plants will turn out and start to produce their veggies. We shall see.

Yours are so yummy looking and what a great treat to come home to.

Merand said...

I am so jealous of your wonderful veggie bounty! I've got teeny tiny tomatoes but nothing's ripened yet. Of course you do get a lot more sun but I think I need to do a little more soil doctoring next year. At least I have tons of flowers!

Pedaling said...

really, is there anything better than home grown tomatoes? i think not!