7.23.2008

Summer Fun @ the Movies

Look what I saw last night! A few girls from town called up and off we went! Back in January DK and I went and saw the Broadway production of Mamma Mia! and had such a fabulous time I thought I should go and see it this summer in the movie theatre. Oh. My. Heck! It was fabulous!! You must see it and then buy it when it is released on DVD! It was divine...though I must admit I chuckled a few times watching Pierce Brosnan sing!

16 tweets and twitters:

Erica said...

Hey! I thought we were going to see this when BL got home!! I would have gone too, I am DYING to see it. Soon...

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh thanks! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE IT! The answer ring on my cell phone...is MOMMA MIA! I did that BEFORE I even knew about the movie coming out! That's how much I love ABBA!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. And it's good to know the movie is good. I've heard a few mixed reviews, especially from people who have seen the stage play (which I have, and loved it!). I want to see it soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my ring tone is "Take a chance on me" from Abba, too. How funny.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fun movie. I keep hearing about it. I need a girls night out. Good idea!

Brandee :-)

diane said...

What do you think about taking my 16 yr old daughter. Would I squirm too much? I can't wait to see it. Saw the play, dig it.

Tausha said...

you are the first person who i have heard say good things about the movie! I assumed when I saw the preview that my hubby would not go within 10 feet of the theater.
I will have to drag my mom and sister and go see this little number. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Lisa said...

I am planning to take Emily when I can find a place for Amanda to go for a couple of hours.

Ellen said...

My mother went to see it with some friends. She was telling me about it and said, "Pierce Brosnan, poor thing -- he could not sing!" LOL! She said the movie was good overall, though :)
I can't wait to see it!

Shannon said...

I've heard this is good. I'll have to check it out.

PS What a beautiful lavendar field!

Melanie said...

I am so glad to hear that this was FABULOUS! I was wondering. I am going to see WICKED tomorrow night...I hope it is just as good. Have you seen it?

The Farmer's Wife said...

Glad to hear you loved it. I have seen teh Broadway version twice and would see it again...I am looking forward to seeing the movie!

Lipstick said...

The Broadway version sounds so fun. I love ABBA-and I don't even hate it when I can't get their songs out of my head.

Traci said...

What a great trailer!!! I need to see this for sure!

Christie said...

JUST GOT HOME FROM IT, about 30 minutes ago. LOVED every second. I am ready to go back.

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

I CANNOT wait to see it!!! my girlfriends and I are waiting on a time that we can all go together!